GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
January 28, 2023, 02:24:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Did You Know: The entire Bee Movie script can fit in these headlines.

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The 100th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 100th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!  (Read 188 times)
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: September 03, 2012, 01:55:16 am »

The 100th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!
The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 100th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

The 100th issue is finally here!
After posting the Darklands Gazette for many years, we have been able to make it to our 100th issue. Everyone in the Gazette team would like to thank all of our readers and supporters because without you, there wouldn’t really be a point to continue this. Please remember that the Darklands Gazette was founded by Gazpacho44 around October 2009 and after he left, he passed the ownership to Law Dustyarbor, who then passed it on to me. While I would love to see the first Darklands Gazette issue again and post it here so that all of you could see, I am unable to because when the forums went down, they took issues #1-25 with them. Luckily, I still have issue #26 and the ones after, so I will be able to post some or all of those again for you to see during the week. Thanks again to all of you; we would have never made it this far without you.

Writer’s Spotlight by TurqoiseAngel
This week, Welcome to Ziegon, a story that becomes more interesting as you keep reading by Ranger Angela is being featured. “I finished it a while ago after putting it up chapter-by-chapter on another site. There are 20 chapters to this one, plus an Epilogue. There's also a second book (if I can call it that) that I'll put up after completely putting up this one. I'll put it up one chapter at a time. I'll probably put a new chapter up every couple of days to give time for people to read if they'd like. Note: Yes, the main character is named after me; that's how it was in the original story, and I wanted to keep this version as close to the original as possible.”Angela will post a new chapter each Saturday on the website, so if you enjoy it, you can keep reading.

Chapter 1: Just another Morning

Angela awoke from her bed, early Monday morning, to the sound of her father’s yelling.

“Girls! Time to wake up!”

Her and her sister shared a room. Her two brothers shared another room, but they were already awake and downstairs, playing games on the Xbox and fighting, as usual. She waited for her sister to get dressed then lay in bed for another few minutes. Eventually, she decided to get up and ready for school. She looked down at her aqua blue bed sheets, thrown to the side while she was sleeping. Her feet hung off the bottom of the bed. She was taller than every student in seventh grade, and the whole school.

She sighed tiredly, then swung her legs over the side of her bed and stood up. She brushed her tangled, dirty-blond hair from her face, rubbed the sleep out of her eyes, and got ready for school. Just another day in paradise…, she mumbled to herself. She then slumped down the stairs, to her waiting father.

“There she is!” her father exclaimed. “It’s about time you got out of bed,” he told her.

She simply ignored him and walked into the living room to watch TV, until it was time to go to the bus stop. She snapped on metal communication device to her right arm, grabbed her book bag, and headed out the door.

School was the same as always. She went to her classes, ate lunch, and then went to more classes. She was bored all day, as always, except for her last class, language arts. Her class would have a free write every day, and she always wrote about her favorite thing, Ziegons. She wrote about them every day, and then read them to the class. The whole class always loved her stories. Even the teacher, Mr. Rivera, loved to listen to her writings about the aliens. They would all listen to the tales about the Ziegon general, General Zeek, and about all the battles the Ziegons would have with other planets. They had conquered Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, and Xeleon. They were a very powerful planet.

Everyone wondered about how she could come up with all of these stories. She had a secret, something strange about her, but then again, pretty much everyone had a secret.

She left school that day, thinking about tomorrow’s story. She thought it was going to be a calm day tomorrow… a normal day. Oh, she didn’t just think it would be, she knew it would be. But she was wrong… VERY wrong, and she may well turn out to change from being a seventh grader on Earth, to Earth’s potential hero.
~~~~Read the rest here: http://fusionmodhq.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=169

Item Spotlight 9/2/12
Alas, the 100th issue is finally here! In honor of this incredible milestone, today will be all about the Grabble: one of Zoey Sparklebird's favorite items! Like most people remember, the Grabble dates back to 2010, all the way to the Birthday Bash. It was one of 4 items to be introduced during the celebration (The others were the TOM 3.0 helmet, Jersey Devil Wings, and the Panfake Hat). It could be obtained from Chowder P.R.E.S.E.N.Ts but it wasn't until October 2011's Fusionfall Adventure that it was available to get through normal means. It can currently be bought from the Wisdom Tooth in Chowder's Mouth. I hope you guys enjoyed this week's item spotlight and I hope you enjoy the 100th issue even more!

Cartoon Review by Professor Utonium
Each week I will be reviewing an episode of a cartoon, old and new!
I'm sorry, but due to events that happened during this past week, my Adventure Time review I had planned for the 100th issue is being pushed back to the 101th due to the same events.

Weapon of the Issue by Anneliese271
Every week I'll be showing you different weapons in the Fusionfall World. This week's weapon is:
Toxic Heater

Type: Pistol
Level: 18
Description: The Toxic Heater fires a stream of toxic ions, poisoning monsters everywhere!
Solo Attack: 458
Group Attack: 428
Range: Short
Rarity: Ultra rare
Trade: Tradable
How to get it: To get this weapon, you will have to grind for it from the Squish Scaler fusions located at Bravo Beach.
Extra Info:

Name: Squish Scaler
Boss: Superfused Squish Scaler
Level: 18
Type: Cosmix
Description: The body of this fish-like creature is soft and mushy, but that actually helps it absorb your attacks. Don't get hypnotized by the lure on its head, or you'll be squished for sure. It usually keeps its mouth open, since its eyes are inside its mouth.
Attacks:
Eruption
Battery Drain

Area of the week by Finnblue8
This week’s area being reviewed is Fuse’s Lair! This area is the final area of the game, and has no shopkeepers or any type of transportation, so you have to go on foot. Fuse resides here, inside the huge dome in the middle of the area. There are a lot of fusion matter pits and plants here. There is even a fusion waterfall. The area has three types of monsters:
Great Shellslug
Scoria Cephalopod
Meteoric Guardian

The area is level 36.
Well that’s all folks, until next issue, keep exploring!

Into The Past: Marvel versus Capcom by Alshary Sharpshoot
In honor of Marvel vs. Capcom Origins seeing a release later this month, I thought I'd review the classic namesake game. Now, where to start? The 90s were an interesting decade for comic books and video games alike. Marvel almost went bankrupt, and Capcom started taking names at the arcades. One of these popular games was none other than Marvel vs. Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes. Released in 1998, it was the fifth fighting game Capcom made with the Marvel license. While Marvel characters had already fought face to face with the likes of Ryu and Chun-Li in the earlier X-Men vs Street Fighter and Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom was the first game to feature more than one non-Street Fighter playable character to its roster, so characters like Mega Man and Morrigan had their chance to take on Marvel's A-listers. The game was made to be as crazy as possible. Apart from obvious additions and changes to already existing characters such as Spider-Man (who received an air-dash and a brand-new hyper combo), Capcom also made it possible to have both of the players characters on-screen at the same time worn infinite meter for a limited amount of time proved to be all kinds of crazy. It was the definitive game that presented an all-out company crossover between Capcom and Marvel. The gameplay was smooth and fairly balanced (althought some characters such Strider Hiryu and Wolverine, still dominated in the higher tiers of the game). This game blew my mind when I first played in an arcade machine in Acapulco and is the reason why I even love fighting games AND Capcom in the first place. This game is simply a fantastic gen that will surely never be forgotten by Marvel and Capcom fans alike. Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes receives a perfect score of 10/10.

Riddles: Last issue’s riddle was answered correctly by Kyra_Xyrespace!
This week’s riddle: There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

Crossword Puzzle of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
If you are having difficulties viewing this crossword puzzle properly, right click and view the puzzle in a new tab.

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/
[/b]
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 01:59:41 am by TurqoiseAngel » Report Spam   Logged

Haven't read the Gazette's 101st issue?
http://ultrafusionfallmultiindex.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,3713.0.html

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sharpshoot
When you walk to the garden, you better watch youuurrrr back
Awesome Member

Sharpshoot McNulty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:23 pm »

Breathtaking
Report Spam   Logged

Enter The Fusion Modulation Headquarters

THE STUDS OF ULTRA'S:

Alshary Sharpshoot - Rose Terrorangel
Ace Tinybullet - Awesome Busterbullet
Alse Kai - Zoey Sparklebird
Agent Gold Dasher - Alicia Freeangel
Silver Kid - Jazz Doccanyon
Zok Terrorgiant - Carter Angelchampion
Roller Rockstar - Admiral Fastfeet
Jamie Doccanyon - Smax
ULTRA HIMSELF
Sharpshoot
When you walk to the garden, you better watch youuurrrr back
Awesome Member

Sharpshoot McNulty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2012, 01:43:36 pm »

Breathtaking.
Report Spam   Logged

Enter The Fusion Modulation Headquarters

THE STUDS OF ULTRA'S:

Alshary Sharpshoot - Rose Terrorangel
Ace Tinybullet - Awesome Busterbullet
Alse Kai - Zoey Sparklebird
Agent Gold Dasher - Alicia Freeangel
Silver Kid - Jazz Doccanyon
Zok Terrorgiant - Carter Angelchampion
Roller Rockstar - Admiral Fastfeet
Jamie Doccanyon - Smax
ULTRA HIMSELF
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 02:04:40 pm »

Thanks Ash ^^
Report Spam   Logged

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."
Ace Lancelotwarrior
Keybearer

I fight for my Friends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:00:54 pm »

Congrats on your 100th issue!  Grin

Can't wait to see more.
Report Spam   Logged

Courage!
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:30:30 pm »

*applauds* you all have done an amazing job; congratulations! Also, if you ever need help with it, drop me a lline and I'll see what I can do ^_^
Report Spam   Logged

Silver Kid
That One Kid
Awesome Member

The Definition of Death

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:36:59 pm »

Yaaaay!! 100 issues!!! Yaaaay!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Sup! Name's Silver. I got a bunch of friends on the forums. Here are a few:
Alshary Sharpshoot
Agent Gold Dasher
Alicia Freeangel
Zoey Sparklebird
Smax
Astro
Jester
Mr. Dubstep
Jamie Doccanyon
CTRL ALT Dead
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

Thank you all ^^ And Alice, thank you for the offer Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

MegaSwiftwaters

You reading me now? Good.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 11:34:12 pm »

the 100th issue... Congrats.
Report Spam   Logged
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2012, 12:02:26 am »

Thank you Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

susanjackson
Newcomer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 04:47:50 pm »

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 05:24:26 pm »

Really? That would be so great, thank you! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 05:41:47 pm »

Okay, no worries. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »

Aww, it's okay. But thanks so much for trying. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: