GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
September 24, 2018, 08:10:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I log on every month or so at 3AM just to make tiny adjustments to the code and no one notices.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Remembering the Game That Was Fusionfall

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Remembering the Game That Was Fusionfall  (Read 27 times)
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2017, 11:50:33 am »

Man, I just felt like going into a reminiscing journey here about this game that I used to play called Fusionfall. It was funny because at the time it came out I was a young college student who was trying to balance my social life with the vast amount of schoolwork and homework I had to do with my degrees. It was a crazy time and a lot of my friends were elsewhere so the best way to communicate with one-another was the good ole internet.

I was never a fan of MMOs before Fusionfall. I didn't like bogged down servers and dealing with people stealing your kills for missions. I didn't like the chat being filled with spam. I just didn't find those games fun or challenging enough. But when my friend at college introduced me to this brand new game that came out from Cartoon Network, I had to say I was intrigued. I was a big fan of the network since my younger days and the idea of having a place that had all these characters featured together for an all-new storyline...I felt it wouldn't hurt to try it out. I'll deal with all the kids if only for a little while, just try it out and if I didn't like it then I could leave.

Well...as soon as the game started and I saw the options for my character and the world I would be entering...I was hooked.

Alice Freeangel...she's a very important character in my arsenal, someone created solely for this game through the naming options presented at the start. Purple moonrings for hair, a green kitty hoodie, the green Lolita skirt, and green and white tennis shoes. I admit the outfit came together as it did solely on the fact that I thought the green kitty hoodie looked the best on her with her skintone and hair color...and the options for pants I wasn't too fond of at the beginning. So I dealt with what I had. And I felt in love with her.

The idea of having little Cartoon Network characters as your buddies (I can't even remember the word for them now, was it Nanos or something like that?) Anyway, I loved the idea of having them and them giving you extra power for your character. I typically kept Eduardo as my favorite buddy, he was so purple and fluffy and cute.

The idea of being able to visit the lands of your favorite characters and meet them, as well as see various easter eggs of Cartoon Network lore just made it that much more special for me.

I was able to play with my friends and venture around the world...and I made new ones too...

I had a Fusionfall Family as it were, featuring various people from around the world that all came together in some way or another to play this crazy little game. Some of them...aren't in my life anymore. But there are some I see or hear from time to time again. Lucien, Fiona, my bro Gav, Cookie, Silver, Zoey, Ashy, Jamie, man this little list can literally go on and on and on.

It was a very special game...one that I struggle to remember the details of honestly but there were still important moments that will be part of me forever. I miss this game a lot. But as I grew up and the game became free to the public and completely unplayable...I found my interests elsewhere in order to keep in contact with my fellow friends. Perfect World International was one I joined with Fiona and the gang. I hop on from time to time and check up on her through their chat system. Then there was Star Wars the Old Republic with Jamie and others. I have recently rejoined that craze and it's been a wild ride. And then Guild Wars 2, Steam, PS4 and Xbox. Honestly the list can go on and on. I was able to keep a lot of people in my life from the good ole days...that's something awesome I like to take away from all this.

I really miss Fusionfall. It was special to me as I'm sure it was special to a lot of others out there in the world. I know people aren't going to see this, the forum is dead save for a few that check in from time to time and send me messages here (since they know the updates still ping on my email Tongue) but if you do stop by, let me know if there's any memories of the game or the people you played with that you'd like to share.

Thanks for listening, darkness ^_-
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: