GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
January 17, 2021, 04:34:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I log on every month or so at 3AM just to make tiny adjustments to the code and no one notices.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The 70th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The 70th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!  (Read 70 times)
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 15, 2011, 07:26:12 pm »

The 70th issue of the Darklands Gazette!!!!
The Darklands Gazette. The Darklands just got a lot darker, and is becoming bigger.
Welcome to our 70th issue! We hope you enjoy this issue just like the last issues we’ve had. We have many great things for this week as we always do and we would like to thank all our readers for their support. - The Darklands Gazette news team

Our planet Earth by the Darklands Gazette staff
Have any good ideas on how to help the environment that hasn’t been mentioned before? We’d love to hear it! Just post it here or PM it to us.

Art Spotlight sign-ups by TurqoiseAngel
Hello everyone, we have a new spotlight category now, for art. There are probably many of you that would like to see your art featured in the Gazette. All you have to do is send me a PM that has direct links to your art or post the links on this thread and it will be posted in one of the Gazette’s weekly issues. Note that it must be appropriate and the art must have been created by you.

Help Japan and the tornado-hit states! By TurqoiseAngel

Japan is still having a lot of trouble and we can all help by donating, and the states hit by the tornados need help to recover too.  Even a small donation will make a big difference. You can donate at this website: https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=0&5052.donation=form1&df_id=5052 (For Japan)
https://american.redcross.org/site/Donation2?idb=253362704&df_id=4993&4993.donation=form1 (For  the tornado-hit states)

Music of the Week By CloneCluke
Girls just want to have fun, by Cyndi Lauper.
It was number two on the Billboard Hot 100 for two weeks, and is considered one of the most defining songs of the 80s.

Item Spotlight by Ash Sharpshoot
5/15/11
The FF team has made some accidental leaks in the past, such as that Scooby Doo holosuit that never really saw a purpose. However, the coolest leak was a weapon like no other, a huge yellow hand. That's right folks, I'm talking about the hand of Van Kleiss himself. The devs managed to track Van Kleiss down, torture him, amputate his hand, somehow mass produce, and gave to random monsters in the sewers JUST for us. We love you GMs! This has been this week's ITEM SPOTLIGHT.

Writer’s Spotlight By TurquoiseAngel
I’ve decided to keep featuring chapters from of The Misfit Players. Enjoy!
-Chapter Four-
His steps were quick as Dustin marched the streets of Orchid Bay to his home. His mother, Lidia Hawthorne, was most likely home by now cooking dinner for the family. His father, Reggie Hawthorne, worked at the docks on the ships and would most likely not appear until well after sunset. And his little brother Devin would undoubtedly be playing in the yard waiting for his brother to return from his long day at school and work.

“Big Bro!” Dustin heard the cheerful voice of his brother as he came to the final leg of his trip, his strides growing longer so that he hurried into the yard to greet Devin. “Yay, Big Bro’s home!”

“Hey Devin, hard at play I see,” Dustin patted the younger boy’s head as he came to a halt within the yard, staring over at the setting sun with interest. “Man, I made it home just in time, eh?”

“Sure did!” Devin cheered as he twirled around happily. “Bro, did you hear? The Powerpuff Girls saved the day again! It was on the TV earlier.”

“Yeah, I heard that,” Dustin mumbled in response, letting out a sigh as he remembered his hopeless dreams.

“But the Powerpuff Girls haven’t got anything on you, Big Bro! You’re the best hero I know!” Devin continued to praise his brother as Dustin let a smile creep to his lips. At least he was a hero to somebody.

“Hero?”

Dustin paused as Devin fell silent, the young boy staring towards the direction opposite where his brother was facing. The black-haired boy turned heel to the street, eyeing the girl who most likely was the owner to the voice.

“Sorry, do we know you?” Dustin questioned as he looked over the girl on the street, her chocolate brown hair put up in a bun to keep it out of her pale face. “You don’t look familiar.”

“You said hero? Are you a hero?” The girl ignored Dustin’s questions, continuing her prodding from the street. “Could you be one of the Misfit Players?”

“Misfit players?” Dustin repeated as he raised an eyebrow. “What in the world are you talking about? Who are you?”

“So you’re not…” The girl sighed, her aggravation evident as she stomped her foot. “I was hoping that I’d finally found them. I want to show them that I have what it takes to be a player.”

“Will you at least answer who you are and who these ‘Misfit Players’ are?” Dustin pushed Devin up on the porch, instructing him to get inside and away from the strange girl that had appeared. “If not then I’m gonna have to ask you to leave, crazy girl.”

“Crazy girl, wow you’re quite the rude one. You’re definitely not hero material,” the girl mumbled, light green eyes shooting a glare in Dustin’s direction. “My name is Abby if you must know. Abigail Louis, the next hero to join the ranks of the Misfit Players.”

“Wait, hero? How are you a hero, you look pretty normal to me,” Dustin snapped back at the girl.

“You yell at me about not introducing myself immediately yet rude boy doesn’t bother to show the same common courtesy towards myself. You really are rude,” Abby sighed again as she stared up at the sky, her green eyes growing wide at the green mass that had come into view. “That thing…in the sky! Oh no, I need to find the Misfit Players.”

Dustin heard the girl as she panicked from her place on the street, darting off towards the direction of the docks. However, all he could think about was what she had mentioned before. The Misfit Players, apparently some group of heroes existed and he knew nothing about it. And if they could accept some crazy girl like that, then Dustin might actually have a chance.

“Wait…the sky?” Dustin finally grasped the final words the girl spoke, his aquamarine eyes gazing upwards to the sky. And what he saw would change his life forever.
-End of Chapter Four-

Band Spotlight By skilletfan
This week for my band spotlight section, I am going to spotlight Rob Zombie. He has many songs and in my opinion are all good, but I cannot say for anyone else. My favorite would have to be Dragula (look up the song but do not post it in chat, the Gazette,it’s writers, and owner can’t be held accountable if you do that).Rob not only does music but he also does movies like Halloween/Halloween 2,he has also been on many shows like Criss angel Mindfreak (buried alive), and that has been this week’s band spotlight.

Advice column by VivaAlecto
Need some help or advice on a problem you have and don’t know who to turn to? Just post your problem here or if you prefer you can send it by PM to VivaAlecto. She will post her response in the following issue of the Gazette or PM you back.

The story of the Fusion Fighters- A Fusionfall fan-fiction by razorfang
Please stay tuned for the next chapter of the story of the Fusion Fighters.

May, the month of movies by Ash Sharpshoot
So, it seems that May is proving to be quite the movie month leading to the summer blockbusters. I for one, am excited for a lot of these movies. The month opened up with Thor, which was just a great movie in my opinion. However, more great movies such as Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and the Hangover Part II are on the way. Enjoy your flicks folks!

GKND Sign-up by TurqoiseAngel
The GKND is still up and going, but we would like some more members to join us to do fun things in Fusion Fall. We explore areas, go on missions, and make friends in our group. To Sign up, just leave your IGN, your level and what numbuh you’d like to be. Check the last page to see if the numbuh you want is still available. Here’s the link to our thread: http://greenmaw.com/forums/thread.php?threadID=33&page=5
We also have a separate website:
http://dimondstar.webs.com/

Riddles: Last week’s riddle was answered correctly by Amp, skilletfan, Terrible Ajax, and razorfang!
This week’s riddle: Can a man living in the United States be buried in Canada?

Question of the week by the Darklands Gazette team
Q of the week: Do you plan on playing FusionFall more over the summer?

Which Looney Tunes charcter would you best like as a nano? By TurqoiseAngel
Bugs Bunny-9
Daffy Duck-3
Lola Bunny-2
Elmer Fudd-2
Tweety-3
Silvester-1
Wile E. Coyote-1
RoadRunner-4
Marvin the Martian-2
Taz-7
Yosemite Same, Porky Pig, Pepe Le Pew, and Granny have been eliminated! Vote again next week when the five characters with the least amount of votes will be eliminated.

Thank you for reading this week’s issue of the Darklands Gazette!! The Forum name of whoever got it right first in all four websites will be posted next week.
Any questions and comments can be left here, you can reach us at our website, or you can PM us here. Thank You! Website link: http://darklandsgazette.yolasite.com/

Report Spam   Logged

Haven't read the Gazette's 101st issue?
http://ultrafusionfallmultiindex.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,3713.0.html

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Silver Kid
That One Kid
Awesome Member

The Definition of Death

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 07:30:32 pm »

I think i know the riddle. No. He is living in the US. He's not dead.
Report Spam   Logged

Sup! Name's Silver. I got a bunch of friends on the forums. Here are a few:
Alshary Sharpshoot
Agent Gold Dasher
Alicia Freeangel
Zoey Sparklebird
Smax
Astro
Jester
Mr. Dubstep
Jamie Doccanyon
CTRL ALT Dead
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 08:00:28 pm »

You got it Silver Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."
Silver Kid
That One Kid
Awesome Member

The Definition of Death

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 08:10:53 pm »

Shocked I'm the winner? Yay!
Report Spam   Logged

Alshary Sharpshoot
Agent Gold Dasher
Alicia Freeangel
Zoey Sparklebird
Smax
Astro
Jester
Mr. Dubstep
Jamie Doccanyon
CTRL ALT Dead
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 08:01:17 am »

As always, I do very much appreciate you featuring my stories in the Darklands Gazette~!
Report Spam   Logged

The Tech Teen
S-147
Exclusive Member

wait WAH!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 03:50:40 pm »

needs moar COWBELL
Report Spam   Logged

needs moar cowbell

Steam:techteen
Gaming Tag(xbox live): The Tech Teen
Silver Kid
That One Kid
Awesome Member

The Definition of Death

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 04:18:56 pm »

Did you say, -takes out a cowbell- Cowbell? -moos-
Report Spam   Logged

Alshary Sharpshoot
Agent Gold Dasher
Alicia Freeangel
Zoey Sparklebird
Smax
Astro
Jester
Mr. Dubstep
Jamie Doccanyon
CTRL ALT Dead
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 07:25:28 pm »

No prob Alice, it lets me catch up on my reading Azn
Report Spam   Logged

Silver Kid
That One Kid
Awesome Member

The Definition of Death

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 07:36:22 pm »

It's great. But it's kinda hard to read in purple.
Report Spam   Logged

Alshary Sharpshoot
Agent Gold Dasher
Alicia Freeangel
Zoey Sparklebird
Smax
Astro
Jester
Mr. Dubstep
Jamie Doccanyon
CTRL ALT Dead
TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 04:42:47 pm »

It isn't too hard to read. so it's okay that way.
Anyways, locking, the next issue will be up soon.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: