GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
January 18, 2021, 05:17:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCIENTIST DISCOVERS HEALTH BENEFITS OF USING COMPUTER (JUST KIDDING LOL)

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Any interest in a fancomic?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any interest in a fancomic?  (Read 40 times)
Atomic Mongoose
Newcomer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: February 26, 2011, 06:11:38 am »

I find myself wanting more and more to make a fancomic every time I come back to playing FusionFall.  But I always ask myself the same thing - If I made it, would anyone really be interested?  Don't have any samples of my art up yet but hands down I personally prefer to do cartooning as opposed to pretty anime type style.

The conundrum is this.  Do I draw everything in a uniform style like how Cartoon Network has re imagined all the characters into an anime-like look to all fit together or do I attempt to draw all the different crazy characters in their unique styles?  The later is personally preferred, not impossible, but would involve a great amount of effort.

What would everyone else be interested in seeing?  o:

Character design for my character, ATOMIC MONGOOSE coming soon.  As well as anything else I doodle.  X3
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

CaityG

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 07:48:35 am »

I like to pick and choose the elements that I take from either. Like, for instance, I try to draw nanos as accurate to their cartoon originals as possible (the PPG nanos looking like the original PPG, big eyes and stubhands, etc). For the "real" characters, I'm more biased towards the FF redesigns... Unless it's a special case. Personally, I don't care for Grim's FF redesign so I give him the huge jawline and a build that's lankier, kinda like in the original cartoon while still hanging onto a bit of his animefied self. :U

It all comes down to preference and using the style you feel most comfortable with. I would think that trying to draw all characters in their own original styles might be a tad difficult, but if you want a challenge I'd say go for it. I haven't really seen any FF Fancomics where they take that approach, so... It would be pretty interesting to see.
Report Spam   Logged

Wishlist: Brigadier Shirt, Eduardo Set, Green Dynamo Set, Chill Caster, Swampfire Torch, Grand Marshal Shoes, Commandant Shirt, Commandant Shoes
IGN: Kyrie De Avalon
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 02:03:40 pm »

I think whatever style is your drawing style is how you should do the fancomic in. I excel in anime-style as well as realistic style so when I do art, I just do it in a style I know of well. So, I would say do it in a cartoonish-style. That'll make it more unique to your abilities.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: