GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
June 01, 2020, 11:08:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: My mum made me take care of her virtual fish in some mobile game on her phone but they talk and flirt with me every time I feed them and this is the most uncomfortable I've ever been like I am not 'boutta yiff no stinkin fish.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Any Mac users with Snow Leopard?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Mac users with Snow Leopard?  (Read 183 times)
ONotation
Newcomer

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: August 10, 2010, 06:41:47 pm »

One of our computers is a mac laptop. It used to run an older version of MacOS, and Firefox would sometimes crash when playing FF... sometimes Safari would crash.

Upgraded to Snow Leopard... and now no browser works.

Is anyone using Snow Leopard? If so, which browser are you using?

If need be, we can downgrade to the prior version, but I was hoping to get Snow Leopard to work.

thanks...
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 09:44:47 pm »

I don't think they ever made it possible to work Fufa on Snow Leapard yet. You have to change your settings in order to make it work.
Report Spam   Logged

ONotation
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:48:42 pm »

I don't think they ever made it possible to work Fufa on Snow Leapard yet. You have to change your settings in order to make it work.

Change them to what?

thanks...
Report Spam   Logged
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 09:49:53 pm »

Gah~! I wish I remembered by heart, there was a whole thread that was on the original forums but I never thought to save it. I'll try and find it again for you.
Report Spam   Logged

ONotation
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 08:16:41 am »

Cool - then a little sister can stop bugging her big brother to borrow his computer.

And by "his" computer, I mean "my" computer.  Grin

[edit: removed typos]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 08:17:17 am by ONotation » Report Spam   Logged
Kingwilh

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 06:42:33 pm »

OHOHOHOHOH -raises hand- I know how Cheesy!!!!!!!!!!! I'm using Snow Leopard...

I use Safari. Well, you click on the safari icon, and hold it... then you click option>show in finder>then, you click the little gear symbol next to the eye, and then you look at the list, and click "Get Info"> then, under the little color things, there should be a box that says "Open in 32 bit mode" check that... FF only runs on 32 bit mode computers, luckily, Snow leopard gives you the option whether or not you want 64 bit mode, or 32 bit mode. After that, FF should be working... Reply if it doesn't...
Report Spam   Logged
ONotation
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 06:16:29 am »

I use Safari. Well, you click on the safari icon, and hold it... then you click option>show in finder>then, you click the little gear symbol next to the eye, and then you look at the list, and click "Get Info"> then, under the little color things, there should be a box that says "Open in 32 bit mode" check that... FF only runs on 32 bit mode computers, luckily, Snow leopard gives you the option whether or not you want 64 bit mode, or 32 bit mode. After that, FF should be working... Reply if it doesn't...

Didn't work. Sad

Instead of "Open in 32-bit mdoe" it had an option "Open in Rosetta", which I checked on.

But Safari still crashed - it got a littler farther, but still crashed.

Same laptop with 1 gig of RAM used to run FF, but since it got upgraded to 2G and Snow Leopard.... it hasn't run FF a single time. Every time's a crash.

Ah well, I'll try something else.
Report Spam   Logged
Kingwilh

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 03:27:02 pm »

Hmm... Idk then :/
Report Spam   Logged
Xavier Chaosair
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 01:36:11 am »

King kinda beat me to it. But instead of using the hassle I use Firefox. Each time I clear the settings to make it run faster. That's all I can say on it..
Report Spam   Logged

ONotation
Newcomer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2010, 06:53:10 am »

So the final answer was - I had to reload the older version of the operating system on it. The newer version required newer hardware. (The laptop is old... 2006)

Now that I down[\i]graded the operating system, both Firefox and Safari work for FF again.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: