GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
May 21, 2018, 12:24:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Bored? Check out the Arcade!
...Or, yknow, just utilize the unlimited entertainment The Internet™ has to offer, or read a book, go outside, set yourself on fire.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*  (Read 616 times)
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2011, 01:36:47 pm »

AN: I’m just full of updates this week! First there was The Monsters Within, and then I updated Cyber Paradise yesterday! So then today I was like…you know what, lemme just write this new chapter of Misfit Players so we can finally bring in some action with Team 6 xD I remember I actually posted up to Dustin and Abby meeting all of Team 6 in the original story before I did the massive rewrite session on it. So I’m going to try and crank out as many chapters as possible these next couple of weeks so I can finally give everyone NEW CONTENT! Well, technically, there has been quite a bit of new content already seeing as I added in Baki’s characters and such. I just mean making it actually into the war chapters with all the wonderful actiony goodness! Cheesy

More news on my other stories, Monsters Within Chapter Two has been basically written last night. However, I’m not sure when I’m going to be done with my edits and posting it. I’m not making any promises but I might be able to post it tonight or tomorrow. We shall see! Papillion, yeah remember that story I was telling you about? Well, I keep forgetting to share it with you guys. I’ll be posting that up pretty soon as well. Also, My Competitive Nature might make its stance on the forums as well, just have to see if I’m up for it xD

If you want to read more stories from me, I have a writing blog on wordpress; just ask for the link and I’ll provide it to you. Thanks guys and I hope you enjoy the story! NO FLAMES! Constructive Criticism is welcome.

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter Twelve:

Stumbling backwards, Dustin kept his knife brandished towards the creature that now advanced for him. Abby’s screams echoed over the scene but the fear within the boy seemed to drown out all the noise around him. All Dustin could hear was the crunching of the creature’s footsteps and its grunts it released as it closed the distance between them.

“What do I do…?” Dustin breathed out again, his aquamarine orbs wide and nervous as they locked with the red slits glaring down at his shivering body. “What do I do now…?”

“That’s simple, silly! Duck!” An unfamiliar female voice chimed in from behind the creature, Dustin crying out in fear as a blast of rocks surrounded the unsuspecting creature. The rocks caved in around it as the creature let out a shrill of shock before being buried without a care. The teen was left there to cower in the farthest reaches of the crater, his eyes locked on a slender silhouette beyond the rising cloud of dirt and dust from the burial site. “Aw, he went down so easily? That’s no fun at all.”

The barrier of dust finally lifted after a few moments, Dustin catching a glimpse of a redheaded girl with a playful smirk at her lips. Her green eyes flashed with excitement as she glanced over towards Dustin, breaking her fighting stance and skipping over to his side. Her red curls bounced with every step she took, a pair of purple studio headphones managing to keep the curls from cascading over her face as she leaned over to examine Dustin’s cowering form.

“Hehe, you’re pretty interesting mister!” The girl giggled as she spoke, reaching a hand out towards Dustin. “You just drove right into here without any hesitations it looked like. The expression on your face when that monster rose up…priceless! You’re a funny one!”

“Uh…yeah,” Dustin stared at the hand offered to him cautiously before accepting it, eyeing the girl with interest and confusion. However, as the rocks behind her began to crumble and rise, Dustin gasped and pulled her out of the way. “Move! He’s not down yet!”

“Huh?” The girl peeked over her shoulder in time to see the creature breaking out of its rock-covered grave. Hissing in anger, the creature lifted up a boulder from the crater and tossed it towards Dustin and the girl, the boy crying out and preparing for impact. However, the girl just stared at the rock as it inched closer, remaining as calm as before. “Oh yay, I get to have more fun!”

With one swift movement, the girl turned her body to face the rock, one hand outstretched towards the incoming threat while her other began to fumble with something strapped to her belt. Dustin managed to catch a glimpse of it out of the corner of his eye, gasping as he noticed the mp3 player being adjusted. This girl, though close to becoming the victim of this horrible creature, was fumbling with her mp3 player and picking a new song off her playlist. Was she insane? She was about to die!

“What are you doing?! We need to…!” Dustin began to reach for the girl but she shook her head, a loud beat reverberating from her headphones as she smiled. “Huh?”

“One second, mister! Almost done!” The girl paused before thrusting her hand forward, the creature suddenly being forced backwards as it cried out in pain. Dustin’s eyes grew wider at this, knowing that the girl had not made contact herself with the creature. She had somehow used some power to force back the creature onto the other side of the crater. “This song has a good beat for beating up your opponents.”

“How did you…?” Dustin began to start his flood of questions once more; however a hand on his shoulder broke him from his focus on the new girl. The teen glanced over his shoulder to see Abby standing there, the girl determined to get them both out of the crater and away from the monster. “Abby.”

“Come on, we have to get out of here,” Abby frowned as she yanked the boy out of the crater and out of range from the flying rocks that now were flying from the battlefield. “You’re not going to be much help down there I’m afraid. Did you catch the girl’s name?” 

“I was more focused on us not dying! You think I actually did a full introduction down there when that thing was pelting boulders at us?” Dustin snapped as they managed to move a safe distance from the battlefield, the two of them watching curiously as rocks continued to fly. “So I take it you’ve never seen or met this girl. She’s not one of the heroes but she just forced that thing back with some sort of power.”

“That just confirms it, she must be a part of the Misfit Players,” Abby concluded, straining her forest green orbs to get a better look through the barriers of rocks and dust clouds at the fight. “This is so exciting! Aren’t you excited, Rude Boy?”

“I almost died!” Dustin growled as he rested his hand on his chest, trying desperately to catch his breath. “I’m starting to regret even coming out here. This is getting too real for me.”

“So you are a coward, after all?” Abby questioned, a slight smirk on her lips as she took a step forward towards the fight. Almost immediately, Dustin reached forward and gripped her arm, holding the girl back from approaching the crater. “I just want a better look; lemme go.”

“Not a chance, this is too dangerous for us,” Dustin said as he pulled Abby back to his side. “Even with your powers, that thing is too dangerous. Let’s leave it to whoever this person is.”

There was a pause between the two of them as Abby frowned, glaring daggers up at the boy before she relented and nodded. They both watched at a distance as the creature suddenly was flying through the air, wailing in shock as it began its descent down the Cliffside and towards the sandy beach below. The girl managed to pull herself out of the crater and escape the looming dust cloud, pressing pause on her mp3 player as she turned to wave at the two teens waiting off on the sidelines.

“Heh, that was so easy!” The girl cheered as she smiled over towards Dustin and Abby. “Sorry if you wanted to fight him, I just couldn’t help jumping in and taking him out! I was hoping he would be more of a threat though…”

“Naw Mae, the punk’s still got some fight left in him from the look of it. Honestly, if you just let me and Chomp have the first go, we would have sent him out of commission for good,” a male’s voice spoke up as an identical figure came beside the girl, bringing a fist down upon the unsuspecting girl’s skull as she whimpered there. “Sorry if my twin scared you there, dude. She’s a moron. She sometimes doesn’t know the meaning of holding back her attacks when there are innocents around. Control isn’t one of her strong suits. Now, if you’ll  kindly beat it while we handle things here that would be greatly appreciated. Leaving the rescuing Bravo Beach to the real heroes now.”

“Real heroes…?” Dustin growled at the newcomer’s attitude, though he fell silent as Abby stepped forward to speak.

“Please tell me, are you two apart of the Misfit Players?” Abby stuttered as she stared at the pair across from them.

“Huh? Someone actually knows about our group?” The male teen smirked, lowering his duffle bag down on the ground before examining the two across from him. “What do ya know, our reputation precedes us apparently. Hey, those things sprouting out of your back real?”

Abby blushed slightly, realizing that her wings were still quite visible to all around her. Dustin nodded from beside the girl and patted her shoulder, giving her the encouragement she needed to address those she dreamed of being a part of.

“Yes, they’re real. I have always dreamed of becoming a part of the Misfit Players. I know I can be a valuable member of the team.”

“Oh wow, do you see that Lex?!  She’s like a fairy princess!” The female twin suddenly chimed in, pointing towards Abby as her smile grew larger. “That is so cool! I never thought I’d get to see a real fairy before!”

“Mae, shut up!” The one called Lex snapped at the girl as he slammed his fist on her head once more, his twin blushing at her sudden outburst. “Sorry about that. But look, we have a job to do right now. You guys should head off to the rescue sites. We’ll chat with you later, Miss Fairy.”

“No, I don’t want to be brushed away like that! I assisted in the discovery of that creature down there,” Abby snapped back, realizing that her words were being ignored. “I’m staying and helping you take care of that creature. I’m going to prove myself a valuable addition to the Misfit Players! Understand?”

Lex was about to argue with the girl’s outburst when his twin raised a hand up to silence him. The one called Mae glared over at her brother, the two of them seeming to have a silent argument with each other. After a few moments, Lex groaned and nodded, waving over towards Abby and Dustin.

“Fine, you can stay Miss Fairy,” Lex grumbled before switching his glare towards Dustin. “And you? You sticking around too? You a Mister Fairy?”

“My name is Abby,” the girl interrupted, stepping in front of Dustin as she spoke. “And this is Dustin. He is my friend and he will be remaining here with us as well. He would also like to join the Misfit Players.”

“Hey,” Dustin was ready to argue but Lex’s glare silenced him. 

“What’s his abilities, then? From his display earlier, it looked like his only ability was cowering in a corner like a baby,” Lex alleged.

“Aw Lex, stop being mean to the Mister! I’m sure he’s got some super special abilities,” Mae chimed in from her brother’s side, smiling over at Dustin. “Well Mister, what’s your abilities?”

There was a pause over the group before Dustin finally spoke up with a frown, “I have a knife.”

The silence returned as Dustin held up his Swiss army knife to show the twins, the two of them staring at the teen for a good moment before sighing.

“Yeah, maybe you don’t belong out here,” Mae waved as she spoke. “It was nice meeting you Mister but that thing would probably only be useful for being a toothpick for the monster after he eats you.”

“Gee thanks,” Dustin mumbled before peeking over to Abby, the girl shockingly giving him a reassuring smile. “Look, I might not have powers and all…but I can be helpful somehow.”

“You almost got yourself eaten in that crater buddy,” Lex frowned as he spoke. “We don’t need inexperienced people out here, all right. Our team has been working for this chance to prove ourselves to the heroes. You guys are nothing but amateurs. So I’m telling you for the last time to beat it.”

“Not a chance!” Abby retorted, watching Lex as he fumed and knelt down to fumble with his duffle bag. “What are you doing?”

“I’m gonna show you idiots how a pro does things,” Lex growled as he carefully undid the zipper of the bag. “I’ll show you punks how a real hero does things. If you can’t even remotely stand up against this guy on your own, then you’ve got no reason to be here. Now…”

A long, black chain began to slither out of the bag, wrapping itself around Lex’s now-standing body. The redheaded boy smirked as the chain continued its journey, a large black ball now resting on his shoulder.

“This is unbelievable,” Dustin whispered over to the girl beside him. “This guy is a jerk. His sister’s pretty nice but a bit of a space case it seems. How can these two be heroes?”

“Traits in personality such as being a jerk or a bit of a ditz does not categorize someone as a hero. It is their abilities and how they use them that qualifies them,” Abby retorted as the chain came to a halt around the boy, the black ball seeming to snore on his shoulder. “It’s hard to believe but these two are heroes that are lost in the shadows of those like Dexter and the Powerpuff Girls. The Misfit Players are finally taking a huge stand here by fighting against this new menace.”

“Seriously? But these two…” Dustin went quiet, noticing Mae beginning to examine the chained creature on her brother’s shoulder. “Now what…?”

“Lex, I think Chomp-Chomp fell asleep again,” Mae giggled as she pestered and poked at the chains, her twin trying not to unleash his aggravation on her. “Wakey-Wakey Chomp-Chomp! It’s dinner time!”

“Mae, quit talking to him like that! He’s not a kid! And Chomp, wake up or I’ll beat your head into the cliffs!” Lex growled as the black ball rose off of his shoulder. Dustin and Abby shuddered as blood red eyes peeled open, a wicked sharp toothy smile curling as the ball cackled. “Nice of you to join us, now do you mind? I want to finish this thing up before Steel and the others get here!”

“Blah blah blah, all right I’m going Punk! Don’t rush me!” The ball hissed from his partner’s shoulder, its red eyes locked onto the two standing across from the twins. Dustin’s eyes were now as wide as saucers as he gawked at the creature, unable to fully understand what all was true in his life at the moment. “Am I eating them? They don’t look monstrous. The fairy’s a major babe though!”

“Stupid punk, they’re not the enemy! Shut your trap!” Lex slammed his fist upon the ball, the creature growling at his partner’s reaction. “We’re here to take care of a monster which is down the cliff, thanks to Mae! We need to get down onto the beach! These two are just here to see the show!”

“Then stop hitting me and get down onto the beach, ya Punk!” Chomp bared his fangs at Lex as the redheaded boy rolled his bright green eyes and began to stumble down the sandy cliff. “Is that any way to treat your imaginary friend, ya Punk!”

“Just shut up and get ready! The monster is a mixture of sand and rock, plus some green goop from that weird planet from the sky,” Lex answered as he dodged a boulder that was launched at him, the pair realizing that the monster down below had noticed their attack. “Whatever that goop is, it seems to have the ability to turn things into monsters.”

“Heh, sounds like a pretty decent entrée, can I have that fairy for dessert?!” Chomp smirked, unable to avoid Lex’s fist colliding with his forehead. “Dang it! It was just a joke!”

“Just shut it and get ready!” Lex glanced back at the group with a smirk. “Watch closely, you two! I’m going to show you just how a real hero does things!”

*End Chapter Twelve*
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2011, 07:08:49 am »

Hey guys, keep on the lookout! New chapter coming this week Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2011, 06:00:21 pm »

Awesome! Can't wait ^^
Report Spam   Logged

Haven't read the Gazette's 101st issue?
http://ultrafusionfallmultiindex.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,3713.0.html

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 11:36:10 am »

AN: Lol sorry I got a little behind there guys! I know I promised new chapters like 2 weeks ago but I had some things I had to take care of and real-life takes precedence usually over updates on chapters Tongue Getting ever so close to the war chapters! *cheers* it’s really exciting because it’s going to be so packed full with action Cheesy Anyway, I’m pretty excited already because we’re actually starting to move past where the original chapters left off at. And that means it’s getting close to time to feature more CN Characters!!! YAY! Anyway, I’m not going to ramble on, remember NO FLAMES ALLOWED! And Constructive Criticism is welcome (: Thanks and Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter Thirteen:

There was little time for Lex to react as another boulder sailed through the air, narrowly missing his shoulder blade. The redheaded teen hissed as Chomp raised high and snapped his jaws at the monster’s ammunition, shattering it and spitting out the crumbled rocks. His red eyes were narrowed at the creature threatening his friend, ready for him to give the signal.

“It’s clear we got his attention,” Lex muttered with a smirk, managing to skid to a stop before he reached the monster’s level. “All right, now’s the time to make a move buddy!”

“I thought you’d never ask!” Chomp exclaimed as he launched forward off of his partner’s shoulder, slithering down towards his prey with a toothy grin. “Hope you’re ready to become lunch, Ugly! Grow grow grow!”

His black chain wrapped around Lex’s arm as he began to grow in size, his red eyes burning themselves towards the stunned creature. The prey moaned in fear as it watched the black ball, itself showing a slight tremble as the imaginary friend went from the size of a soccer ball to the size of a large truck.

“Holy-!” Dustin’s gasps from the top of the cliff could be heard at the low levels as Chomp hissed and lunged forward, slamming its head into the creature. The fight lasted only a few seconds as the imaginary friend lived up to his name, slamming the creature down several times before swallowing his prey whole in one bite. “He-He just…How did he-?”

“Chomp’s just your everyday, run-of-the mill imaginary friend, silly,” Dustin and Abbey both glanced over at the smiling girl to their right, shocked at how calm she was taking everything. “My brother played a lot of video games while we were growing up. One day, he imagined up Chomp there. He’s like a metal snake that can change his size on the drop of a hat. He also eats basically anything that gets in his way so I’d avoid his mouth region when he’s on the move. They do argue a bunch but I think that shows how much they care for each other; they both want to keep the other one as safe as possible without saying it to their face.”

Dustin held his tongue as he nodded, unsure of what to make of it all. He had heard of imaginary friends and seen them from time to time but that was the first time he ever saw one created with such a violent mindset. Not only that but the most innocent girl twin beside him seemed to hold some great power within her that was able to send the creature flying. But how, she had no weapons whatsoever; just a pair of studio headphones resting snug around her neck. She had the attitude of an everyday girl with a somewhat clueless, carefree attitude; what kind of power did she have lying dormant within her?

“Mister, you ok?” Mae’s voice broke the teen from his thoughts, Dustin quickly giving a nod in reply. “Oh good, you seemed like you were worried about something; I just wanted to make sure you were ok.”

“He’s probably just quaking in his boots, Mae,” Lex’s voice hissed from the Cliffside as the giant snake slithered up beside the group, the male twin mounted atop his companion’s head as he fumed. “Now why in the world are you all still here? I would have figured you two would be running-or flying- for the hills about now. You can already see that this warzone is no place for the likes of you so beat it!”

“Your display simply charges my hopes in joining the Misfit Players even more,” Abby said simply with a light smirk, the girl reaching over and touching Matt’s hand. The teen tensed at the soft touch, eyeing her with curious eyes as the fairy continued to speak. “So stop with your high-and-mighty attitude; we acknowledge your strength and determination as great and we simply want to fight alongside you. Is that really so much to ask for?”

“I’m getting tired of repeating myself!” Lex howled in anger, him and his imaginary friend glaring daggers at the two newcomers all while his sister panicked in place. “We don’t need amateurs out here who are just trying to prove themselves; this war is serious and requires experienced fighters to handle things. We’ve worked hard to get to this point; we aren’t about to babysit a bunch of kids who think they’re the **** when they really can’t handle things! I mean, look at you Miss Fairy; I’m sure you have some power in you but you and your buddy couldn’t even handle that one creature on your own. Your friend doesn’t even have anything special about him! What makes you think you could even make a dent in this fight?”

“Lex, please st-,” Mae began to interrupt but her brother hissed at her attempts.

“If you two don’t back down and hit the road, we’ll just have to force you back ourselves,” Lex fussed as Chomp slithered forward, his fangs bared at the two newcomers. “Mae, you’re going to help too! Get ready!”

“What are you doing, Lex? They’re innocent people!” Mae exclaimed as she stepped forward, her hands raised up protectively before the two teens. “We can’t just attack them because they won’t back down; please stop this now! I’m sure we can work something out!”

“Mae, now!”

“But Lex, I-,” Mae’s words were cut short as the redheaded girl was yanked backwards, her head colliding with the rocks as something entangled her leg and pulled her backwards towards the Oceanside.

“Mae!” Lex shouted at the sight of his sister being yanked away, the blood leaking from her head wound causing him to go pale. “Mae! Something has Mae! Chomp!”

“What is that thing?” Chomp gasped as he was held back by the male twin, the group all watching as seven tentacles wrapped themselves the rocks of the cliff. An eighth tentacle held up the unconscious sister as the other tentacles pulled at the rocks, a large squid-like creature with greenish skin and blood red eyes emerging from the depths of the ocean. It seemed to have its eyes fixated on Lex and the imaginary friend in his possession. “Lex; what do you want me to do?”

“That (Censored)’s got my sister; what the hell do you think I want you to do!” Lex shouted in reply as he put his lip, trying his best to formulate a plan. If Mae wasn’t at risk of being dropped towards the jagged rocks below, Lex wouldn’t mind going all out against the creature standing against him. As much as he wanted to send the creature to hell himself, Lex wasn’t about to risk his sister’s life in the process. “Chomp, is there any way you can get her out of his grasps while taking him on?”

“I wouldn’t be able to attack the monster and save Mae if she drops,” Chomp growled his response, feeling how tense his partner had become. “I’ll attack the monster if I need to but someone’s going to have to get Mae when she drops; I don’t want to take any unnecessary actions right now, buddy, but this monster is going to come after us next if I don’t do something now.”

“What the hell am I supposed to do to save her; that thing has her dangling over the water and rocks!” Lex snapped back, his eyes wavering in panic. “It’s not like I have wings or anything like that; how am I supposed to get to her?”

“Have you honestly forgotten about us already?” Lex gasped at the girl’s voice, the male twin turning his head to stare at the newcomers. Dustin gawked in horror at the scene before him while Abby stood there with a smirk, her fists balled up and ready to attack. “I have wings!”

“I guess you do,” Lex muttered to himself, a look of hesitance befalling him before he sighed and frowned at the girl. “Fine, Tinkerbell, just quit with that cocky look of yours and listen up! You help with my sister and you and your boyfriend can get a spot on the team at your own risk; deal?”

“My name’s not Tinkerbell! And he’s not my boyfriend!” Abby snapped in response before lifting up in the air and aiming for the monster. “This will be easy though so deal; steer clear Dustin!”

The male twin nodded in approval and leapt from his mount, the imaginary friend rearing and charging towards the monster before him. His fangs pierced into the closest tentacle clinging to the rocks and it let out a piercing cry of pain and disapproval. However, it stayed firm at the side of the cliff as it lifted up another tentacle and aimed it directly for Chomp, the imaginary friend narrowly escaping the attack as it weaved around the pounding tentacles that now pursued him.

“Thanks for distracting him,” Abby muttered to herself as she rose up towards the dangling girl, the monster yet to notice her actions. The fairy smiled before lifting up her hands, the brunette taking a few deep breaths as she prepared for what was to come. “Steady hands; don’t let her fall. Remember, you’re a hero.”

Abby’s eyes began to glow silver as she focused her power to her hands, the glow returning to her fingertips. The glow took the form of two orbs of light within the fairy’s hands, themselves launching forth as they gathered enough energy for the attack. The orbs dashed through the air and collided with the monster’s tentacle, itself letting out another cry of pain as it released Rae. The unconscious girl plummeted downward towards the waves, Abby quickly reacting as she dove after her. Within seconds, Abby had a hold of Mae’s ankle and was lifting her up towards the safety of the cliffs. She caught Lex’s stare and smirked over at him; Abby knew she had done herself and Dustin proud for her actions.

“See? I’m worth having around after all,” Abby said with a chuckle as she placed the unconscious girl lightly on the ground, Lex running over to check on his sister’s state while his imaginary friend kept on the offence.

“I’m thankful and all but you do realize that the monster is still alive and kicking right?” Lex muttered over his shoulder as his hand graced his sister’s cut forehead, sighing as he noticed it wasn’t a terrible wound. Abby fumed in place but nodded, knowing the male twin was right; the creature was still alive and strong. “I’m going to have to get her to the others; Chomp, is there any way you can finish him?”

“I’m-I’m trying,” Chomp howled in pain as he was thrown back by the tentacle, unable to retaliate as the three more tentacles followed up with an attack of their own. “Ah!”

“Chomp!” Lex gasped as he watched his imaginary friend roll back in pain, cascading down the beachside of the cliffs. “Oh no!”

“Ah, hang on!” Abby stepped forward and raised her hands again, this time an invisible shield forming around the group as they watched the creature’s tentacles collide with the force field. “I can’t hold him for long; you guys should get down to the beach and run for the piers!”

“We can’t just leave you here!” Lex exclaimed with a frown. “This is supposed to be Mae and mine’s responsibility; I would be punished for leaving amateurs alone here! Why doesn’t your boyfriend take Mae down to the beach?”

“I’m not her boyfriend!” Dustin retorted with a frown of his own, himself standing strong behind Abby. “I’m not leaving my friends here to be thrashed around by this punk! I’m staying here!”

“Dustin-,” Abby began with a weak smile over her shoulder but suddenly gasped as something caught her eye. “Dustin!”

The teen blinked at the girl’s sudden panicked tone before stumbling at the sudden feeling of a burning sensation at his chest. Reaching a hand up, Dustin felt the ring that was looming on the chain around his neck that his father had given him. The silver was burning at the touch, Dustin yanking his hand away as he hissed in pain.

“What’s going on?” Dustin questioned through gritted teeth, Lex turning his head towards the boy in shock. Where the ring rested on his chest, a strange symbol appeared there on his skin and glowed through his shirt. It seemed to break out from the ring’s location and spin out further along his body, burning into his skin as he cried out in pain. “This hurts! What’s going on?”

“We were hoping you could tell us,” Lex muttered as he held Mae up in his arms, the male twin getting to his feet as he heard Chomp stir from down below. “I thought you said you didn’t have anything special going on with you.”

“Like I knew this was going to happen!” Dustin exclaimed with a panicked tone, the teen howling in pain as the marks continued to spread over his body.

“That ring,” Abby interrupted with her soft voice, the fairy continuing to hold the barrier despite being distracted. “Did you father give you that ring?”

“What?” Dustin glanced over at the girl through squinted eyes, managing a slow nod at her question. “Yeah, he gave it to me before I came after you!”

“He must have known this would happen,” Abby whispered as she recalled speaking with the man, remembering him saying that she would see the object soon enough with that cocky grin of his. “Dustin, remain calm, your father gave you that ring for a reason; this is supposed to happen! Just bear with it and it will be over before you know it!”

“Easy for you to say,” Dustin got out as he howled in pain once more. “You have no idea how much this hurts! And why are you acting so confident; do you know what’s going on?”

“No, I don’t know what’s going on,” Abby said with confidence as she returned her attention to the pounding tentacles, her barrier almost succumbing to their strength. “All I know is that your father would not simply give you something that would hurt you for no reason; he’s doing what he feels is best for you. Whatever it is; it’s meant to help you.”

Dustin paused as he repeated the girl’s words in his mind, believing them to be true. His father gave him the ring for a reason; he went back to the house to retrieve it so it must have been very important. It was obviously not normal; the markings on his skin and the painful sensation flowing through Dustin’s veins were proof of that. But what did it all mean? All Dustin wished for was answers.

“Ah!” Abby hissed in pain as her barrier was shattered, the tentacle now aimed to collide with her. “I can’t get away in time!”

“Abby!” Dustin gasped as he stepped forward, hoping to push the girl out of the way of the tentacle’s path. However, the markings began to glow even brighter as the pain seemed to coarse through his entire body. It seemed as if something bright was emerging from the markings, the substance seeming to surround Dustin’s body and building up into a large form. It was as if Dustin had become the core of a large, glowing creature, his howl of anger echoing over Bravo Beach as it bashed the tentacles away from the fairy.

“Dustin, you-!” Abby stumbled backwards as she stuttered, her eyes wide as she stared at the creature that encased her friend. “Can you hear me, Dustin?”

Dustin’s figure could vaguely be seen within the creature, his eyes glowing bright along with the markings painted over his skin. Though his mouth was not moving, his words could be heard within Abby’s mind.

“I-I-I can hear you,” Dustin’s thoughts echoed as Abby sighed in relief. “What-What happened to m-me? I don’t und-understand what’s going on right now! Abby, what’s going on?”

“You saved us is what’s going on,” Lex’s aggravated tone of voice sounded from the beachside of the cliffs as he stood there with his sister still knocked out within his arms. He frowned as he examined the glowing creature before them, the tentacle monster seeming to momentary retreat towards the ocean. “You lied when you said you weren’t anything special; when were you going to tell us about this power you have? This sort of thing should not be kept secret!”

“It’s obvious he didn’t know about it!” Abby snapped in retort to the male twin’s prying, her hand reaching forward and touching the glowing creature’s skin. It was solid and warm to the touch; it was almost as if it were a living, breathing creature. “Dustin, this is amazing; that ring of yours is truly made for a hero.”

“Now’s not the time for that!” Lex growled as a tentacle reached up once more, the squid pulling itself up to face Dustin once more. “You better figure out how to work that power of yours, buddy; if you don’t hurry, the monster’s going to get you for sure!”

Dustin inwardly gulped at Lex’s words, his vision focused on the squid as it fully pulled its ugly self onto the cliffs. He had little time to question his newly found powers; he had to make a stand against the creature and end things quickly. He had his life and the life of his new friends on the line.

*End Chapter Thirteen*
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2013, 01:56:39 pm »

OT: I will DEFINITELY be working on the next chapter in the next month or so. I have to keep writing for Fusionfall, I have to keep the magic alive that was brought to us through that wonderful game.
Report Spam   Logged

TurqoiseAngel
Ultimate Member

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2013, 12:27:04 am »

OT: I can't wait to read your next chapter, Alice! I'm so glad that you have decided to continue this story. ^.^
Report Spam   Logged

Haven't read the Gazette's 101st issue?
http://ultrafusionfallmultiindex.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,3713.0.html

"C'est décidée, je m'en vais. J'ai laissé mon enfance en été. Perdue dans l'hiver.  Le froid est pour moi le prix de la liberté. Quand on prend de la hauteur tout semble insignifiant. La tristesse, l'angoisse et la peur m'ont quittée depuis longtemps."
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 12:58:17 pm »

OT: Just gonna go ahead and say that I've been working a small bit at a time rewriting this story from the original script and will hopefully have something tangible to present to you guys this year. I'm not even going to give myself a month deadline because I won't be able to keep it lol. But this story isn't dead to me. I have a lot in the queue that just needs to be revitalized in the new format I did for the posted chapters here. Anyway, I just really wanted to let you guys know that. Also I miss Fusionfall. Found some old photos from the game in my files and I went down memory lane. So I really wanted to spark this story back up and maybe write a few drabbles in memory of the game before the network execs ruined it. Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: