GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
December 08, 2021, 11:01:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCIENTIST DISCOVERS HEALTH BENEFITS OF USING COMPUTER (JUST KIDDING LOL)

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*  (Read 880 times)
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2011, 07:43:15 am »

AN: Man, I’m just going to try my best and get chapters out as quick as I can for this story. The lucky part about right now is that it’s my spring break and although I’m working ALL THE TIME I’m still able to at least take the time to scribble down a few sentences. LUCKY READERS! I figured I would update this story anyway though because I made you guys wait so long for the last chapter and I wanted to spoil you all a little bit for being such wonderful readers ^^ So without further adieu, I now present your next chapter of Misfit Players!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter Ten:

Her bright green eyes were fixated on the mountains just beyond Bravo Beach as Abby leapt over the fences and charged into the beach side suburbs. Judging by the path left by the closest pod, the falling open was on its way to a crash landing just beyond there. Abby gave a pleased smile, continuing her long strides down the road. She could make it to the top within fifteen minutes if she walked and then Abby would finally be able to meet her heroes. All she had to do was not run into any distractions along the way.

“Abby!”

Already a distraction? The dark-haired girl did not ponder in place in thought of who that voice belonged to. No, she booked it as quick as possible down the path towards the mountains, the rhythmic sound of running only urging her to go faster. She wasn’t going to be held up from her dream to join the Misfit Players. It was her destiny and this was her moment.

“Abby, for the love of Super Cow, stop!”

A squeak of surprise erupted from Abby’s throat as a force came from behind her, strong hands grabbing her arms and pinning her down onto the ground. The girl acted quickly in her predicament, spinning herself in her captor’s grasp and kicking him away in the chest. Abby was about to barrel away when she gasped, recognizing her assailant’s face to be Dustin Hawthorne.

“Rude Boy! What in the world are you doing here?!” Abby snapped at the boy, her finger circling around in the air as she hissed. “You should be with your family at the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s pal! You might want to shove along now while you can. That pod is about to hit here any moment!”

“You sound genuinely concerned with the guy you just basically falcon kicked,” Dustin coughed as he began to catch his breath. “I’m not going to the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s without you though. I’m not about to let some crazy girl run off to get herself killed. They’ve evacuated the entire area. We need to go!”

“I’m not leaving here without my dream being fulfilled!” The dark-haired girl then tried to weasel away from the boy but he quickly reacted, throwing himself into her for a tackle. “Jeez, why are you so rough?! All idiot men are so barbaric! This isn’t a football game, stop tackling me!”

“You run away when I take it easy so this is the only way I know of to stop you,” Dustin kept his grip firm on Abby’s arm as he sat up, gazing at her for answers. “Talk to me here then, I want to know what is going on through that head of yours. Look, I know we barely know each other but I’m not about to let you run off and get yourself killed. We’ve met so we’re connected now, I can’t let you leave until you tell me what’s going on. Why are you so desperate to risk death to find these people? I’ve never even heard of them, how can they be such great heroes?”

Her green orbs flared as she desperately tried to rip her arm away from the boy’s grasp. All Abby wanted was to be free and find her dream, not give her whole story to someone who was practically a complete stranger. However, under Dustin’s glare, the words began to echo within the girl’s mind and she lessened her tugs. Abby sunk down in her seat on the ground and glanced away, a tint of pink fading in on her cheeks as she pouted. Dustin bit his lip when he saw this reaction; it was unexpected and surprisingly cute.

“The Misfit Players are heroes that are outshone by the heroes of this world, such as Ben and the Powerpuff Girls,” Abby began, her blush growing deeper with every word that spouted. “They are considered more of like hooligans to Dexter because they tend not to follow the rules when doing their jobs. They are being cruel though, they just don’t know how to control fully the strength that they possess.  They are my dream; They’ve been my dream since I was a little girl. My parents used to talk about this team of ordinary people who joined together to create a force more powerful than any hero ever created. I want to see them in action…I want to be a part of something that noble.”

As Abby finished, her frown returned and her green orbs glared up at Dustin. The boy sat there in thought, realizing that their dreams were pretty similar. Abby wanted to join this team of Misfit Players in order to make a difference…Dustin wanted nothing more than to be seen as a hero. His push to rush back to the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s was gone as the two of them sat there, eyeing one another for the next move.

“I’m not going with you to the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s,” hissed Abby. “I’m going to the hills and finding my dream. You should run back to your family. They must be worried sick about their son running around when there’s a mass panic in effect.”

“My father said he believed in me and told me to come out here for a reason, especially after meeting you by our house,” Dustin retorted as he slipped his chained necklace around his own neck, letting the ring fall onto his chest. “I’m not going to stop you from achieving your dream because I know how it feels…to want to be something greater…to be something that others can appreciate.”

Abby stared at the boy with interest as he spoke, her body relaxing with every syllable that rolled off his tongue.

“Look, I might not look like a hero but my family believes that I can do it,” Dustin nodded as he lifted to his feet, helping Abby up along with him. “With their support, I will become a hero and fulfill my own dreams. So we’re going to go there together, you and I, and we’re going to meet them Misfit Players!”

“You…” Abby was taken aback from the boy’s words, feeling his grip tighten on her hand as he pushed past her into a sprint for the mountains. Her dark hair threatened to escape her bun as they ran, her frown quickly forming into a smile of approval. He might have been a ‘Rude Boy’ but he was also hero material. “Heh, well I’ll be. All right Rude Boy, I trust you. Let’s just hope we can hurry before the pod touches…!”

Abby’s words were interrupted by a colliding force just atop the mountain peak, smoke rising up as debris rolled down the rocky cliffs. Well, so much for making it there before the pod did.

“Never mind, let’s just hurry already!”

*End Chapter Ten*
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: