GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
December 08, 2021, 09:16:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: /looks at Ultra/ Boy am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here and that he's the admin and we're frozen out here and that we're in there and I just remembered that we're out here but what I wanna know is where's the owner.

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*  (Read 880 times)
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:13:18 am »

AN: While going through the fic and making my edits, I started debating changing up Chapter Three and Four of the original fanfic in order to move it along more quickly into the war chapters. In addition to that, I possibly want to make the action scenes more epic because right not they are pretty mediocre. I’ll keep you guys posted if I manage to make the changes. Until then, Thanks for reading and Enjoy!!!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter Five:

High above the world was a green mass, its size as great as the moon itself. To be honest, Dustin had to refrain from chuckling since the object in question resembled something as the result of a sneeze. However, the teen knew he had to remain serious at that moment. Whatever that thing in the sky was, it most certainly didn’t belong there.

“Dustin, get inside now!”

The teen turned back towards the house, his mother standing on the doorstep with fear evident in her blue eyes. Lidia tapped her foot anxiously as Dustin stumbled up the steps, making his way inside the house. As soon as she confirmed her son was safely within the walls, Lidia closed the door behind her and rushed back into the main living room where Devin sat in silence in front of a large flat screen TV.

“Mom, what’s going on?” Dustin questioned before his mother narrowed her eyes at him, the teen falling silent under her stare.

Displayed on the screen was the Network News station, both anchors holding back fearful cries as they relayed the news to the viewing audience. So many feeds were being brought onto the screen, each one about the same subject: the green mass in the sky.

“The strange form in the sky, believed to be a planet of some sort, appeared sometime this afternoon. So far, we have gotten no word on what the planet is or why it has appeared. We’re waiting for conformation from Alicia who’s in the field with Dexter at Dexlabs,” the female anchor stated before nodding. “It seems we have conformation with Alicia, so we’re going live on the scene at Dexlabs. Alicia?”

The scene changed to outside of a large, white building, which was immediately recognized as Dexlabs. And standing on the steps of the huge building was none other than Dexter himself, eyeing the camera in annoyance as the reporter began her story beside him.

“Well Debra, it seems that our suspicions were correct. It has been confirmed that a planet has somehow made its way into our rotation, somehow weaseling its way here under limited detection. The planet, right now still shrouded in mystery, has formed panic all across the globe,” the reporter, Alicia, said while nodding to the boy genius to her right. “I’m here right now with Boy Genius Dexter who has more on this situation. Dexter, what is this planet? What information can you give us about it?”

“We are currently working within the laboratory to fully understand what that planet is. I’ve received samples from meteorites that resembles the components that planet is made up of and we’ve discovered that this substance might actually be built of living organisms,” Dexter answered, keeping his focus on the camera despite the panic that was evidently around him. “However, we do not fully understand the substances yet. We will be completed a series of experiments to gain new understanding of it.”

“Dexter, how come the planet had managed to appear without any detection beforehand?” Alicia questioned, her microphone tight in hand as she awaited the boy’s answer.

“To be truthful, I’m not sure how this planet managed to enter the rotation without being detected by our satellites. It could be that the planet itself caused malfunctions in our equipment that made it possible to move without giving us any type of notice. However, currently I do not have a clear answer for you,” Dexter sighed at the thought of his instruments actually malfunctioning to this giant mass but he shook his head. He knew he had more important things to worry about right now.

“Dexter, one last question,” Alicia continued. “Is this a threat to us? Are we in danger with this planet showing itself to us?”

The boy genius paused at the question, unable to bring himself to utter a simple sentence. At that moment, he really had no answers for anyone. And that was one thing that Dexter didn’t like; being unable to give an answer. But he knew he needed to say something to at least calm down the people and keep some kind of peace.

“Alicia, I can tell you this,” Dexter spoke with a reassuring smile. “You can bet that no matter what, the heroes of this land will do everything in their power to get to the bottom of this. If this turns out to be some sort of threat, we will handle it and keep the public safe from harm.”

“Mom, does this mean the planet-thing is ok?” Devin whispered from his seat on the floor, snapping Dustin and Lidia out of their daze. The mother sighed before going to her youngest son’s side, kneeling beside him and holding him close. Dustin could feel his body quiver at the thought of that planet in the sky, yet he knew he had to stay strong. “The planet-thing is not evil right? It’s just up there to show off?”

“I’m not sure, sweetie. All I can tell you is that it will all be ok,” Lidia whispered to her son, keeping her hold strong on him as her oldest moved to the window. “Dustin, don’t stand at the window. We just need to stay together in the house. I got a call from your father a little while ago and he’s going to head straight home, all right?”

The teen ignored his mother’s worried demands, his aquamarine eyes staying firmly on the planet above. With each moment that passed, Dustin began to piece together the puzzling mystery that was hovering within the sky. It seemed to be some type of green matter that somehow formed into a large mass. What Dustin found strange was that there were other large forms within the single mass, each seeming to be different types of planets. Could the green matter have been…consuming other planets?

“Wait, what is…?” Dustin gasped, his orbs grown wide in fear as he gazed at the scene that was taking place within the sky. “Mom, get whatever you need now. Things are about to get even worse.”

-End of Chapter Five-
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: