GO DOWN

Ultra Fusionfall Forum
July 20, 2018, 09:06:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: ✋☞ ✡⚐🕆 ✌💧😐☜👎 💣☜ ☞⚐☼ ✌ ☝☹✌💣👌🕆☼☝☜☼📬 👌🕆❄ ✋❄ ❄🕆☼☠💧 ⚐🕆❄ ✋ 👎⚐☠🕯❄ ☼☜✌☹☹✡ ☜✠✋💧❄📬 🕈☟☜☼☜ ✋ 🕈✌💧 ⚐☼✋☝✋☠✌☹☹✡ 💧❄✌☠👎✋☠☝📬 ✌ 🏱✋👍❄🕆☼☜ ⚐☞ ✌ ☝☹✌💣👌🕆☼☝☜☼ ☼☜💧❄💧 ⚐☠ ❄☟☜ ☝☼⚐🕆☠👎📬

Home Help Search Arcade Gallery Links wat Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Misfit Players: The Beginning *Chapter Thirteen Posted*  (Read 616 times)
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

Curiouser and Curiouser...

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2010, 11:11:45 am »

The Misfit Players
A Fanfic by Alice Freeangel

AN: For those who suddenly noticed my thread disappear from existence, don't worry! The fanfic is still here and I'll be updating as frequently as possible. My Betas all had different views of the chapters and I finally decided for the sake of everyone that I'd shorten up the chapters, as in I'm cutting up the chapters and making them their own thing. So don't worry, I'll  be posted often to get to where I was in the original thread, it won't take me that long to go through all the edits.

As stated back in the first chapter before, I don't mind adding in other people's characters into the fic. You have to send me a detailed bio of the character as well as a drabble of some sort just so I can see your character in an everyday situation. The new characters will either show up in the war of The Beginning section or be brought in the next section.

All right, I want to see some feedback. I love getting constructive criticism because it betters me as a writer. No flames or they will be deleted from the thread. Thanks very much in advance for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter One:

The people bustled throughout the city as the clock tower resonated from above, its five chimes echoing down to the streets below. The sidewalk outside Tony’s Television shop was crowded, the viewers' anxious eyes staring in amazement at the colored pictures dancing across the manmade mountain of screens. No doubts that they were watching another heroic display from the Powerpuff Girls or possibly even Ben Tennyson. To the admirers there, the heroic efforts were signs that everything was right in the world and that it would all be ok.

But to Dustin Hawthorne, it was a reminder of how hopeless his dreams were.

‘Heroes, huh…geez, a bunch of showoffs is more like it…’ Dustin bit his lip as stared on at the screens, watching as Blossom and Bubbles crushed a large monster into the earth just outside of Townsville Center. Their strength was evident in each blow they dealt, ending the fight within seconds.

“And there you have it, another wonderful display from the Powerpuff Girls,” the reporter exclaimed as she stood at the edge of the battle scene, gesturing for the girls to come over. The red and blue Powerpuff both exchanged looks before flying over to the reporter, Bubbles beaming with satisfaction as Blossom remained stern. “Tell us girls, how do you feel knowing that you’ve saved us from certain danger once again?”

Bubbles glanced over at her sister, most likely because Blossom was the leader of the two and was the one to handle the public speaking aspect of their career. Blossom gave a subtle nod before answering the question.

“Battling this creature and protecting the people is our duties as your heroes and we are more than happy to get the job done,” Blossom stated. “Just knowing that we have aided the people and kept them safe from this horrific danger is enough for us. We are pleased that everyone is safe and very grateful that you all for believing in us. Thank you very much.”

A tinge of jealousy arose within the seventeen year old as he shifted his gaze from the televisions, his black bangs falling over his aquamarine orbs. It seemed in life Dustin was dealt with a lousy hand, idly having to stand by as he watched others do the job he felt he was meant to do. Dustin wanted to be the hero that everyone praised. But what could he possibly do, he was a powerless human who spent his days working to help his family make ends meet. There wasn’t even the slightest chance that someone would scream out, “Oh no, a monster! Someone call Dustin Hawthorne, he’ll save us!” He’d be the last one to call, especially with heroes like the Powerpuff Girls and Benn Tennyson around. Heck, even Bloo would be a better choice for saving the day than Dustin Hawthorne.

Sighing, the teen pressed on through the crowd, dodging the wave of thrill from the dedicated fans. He just had to swallow his words and make it to the slider station at the next block. Then he would be able to relax on the slider as it darted towards Orchid Bay; his home. At least to his family, he was a hero…

-End of Chapter One-
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 11:37:24 am by Makastar » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 08:58:20 pm »

AN: Hahaha! Well, the edits are coming along pretty well for the chapters I posted in the old thread. It will be a few days before I can really work on the war chapters though. Don’t worry, I’ll do my best to get the new chappies to you guys as soon as possible Cheesy

Also, before I destroyed the old thread, I had a request up for you guys to make requests on what CN characters you want me to feature in the war chapters. I’ve gotten requests (All from Baki Tongue) for Kevin, Hex, Demongo, Flapjack and Courage (With special guest appearance by Stephen Merchant??? Haha!). I would love more requests from people so post what characters you would like to see featured in the war Cheesy

Just a reminder, if you want a character of yours to have a role in my fanfic for the war chappies, please submit your characters bio and a drabble to me as soon as possible. Thanks guys and enjoy the new chappie!!!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I don’t own Cartoon Network, its characters or shows. I just own this fanfiction as well as my original characters.

Chapter Two:

Ballet shoes tiptoed in silence, following the diminutive genius as he paced himself down the main hall of Dexlabs. Computress hovered at Dexter’s heels, listing off the main duties for the day as well as the progress his Dexbots were making on the latest prototypes for the new hoverboards.

DeeDee peered around the corner of her hiding place, giggling in excitement from not being discovered yet. Then again, her little brother might have been a genius but he could never catch onto her until she finally touched something she shouldn’t. Those times usually ended with an explosion of some sort, Dexter shouting many forms of obscenities while he forced DeeDee out of his laboratory.

“Dexter, my sensors detect that DeeDee is in pursuit. Should I issue the Dexbots to guard the laboratory doors?” Computress hummed as the ginger-haired boy sighed, glancing quickly behind him to catch his older sister prancing about in a lively manner.

“It wouldn’t matter if you did, she would still get within my laboratory anyway,” Dexter sighed before turning heel to his sister, the blond skidding to a halt before him. “DeeDee, I don’t have time to be dealing with your escapades today. I have a very important experiment in my laboratory and you even coming near the laboratory spells disaster.”

“Awww!” Deedee whined, leaving the genius to stare on in annoyance as she slumped back down the hall.

“Has she given up?” Computress questioned beside the genius, who shook his head in response. The blond was no doubt hiding behind the corner she just turned at, waiting for them both to continue on their way.

“We’ll have to deal with her again in due time. But for right now, what’s the status on that planet that has appeared on the radar?” Dexter led Computress to the doors to his main laboratory, waving at the Dexbots as he strolled through the doorway.

“Dexter!”

Both the ginger-haired genius and his robotic assistant came to a halt, the boy biting his lip to avoid shouting back at his sister. After all, her voice seemed rather…urgent?

“What is it, DeeDee?” The boy turned heel to the doorway, eyeing his sister in the main hallway. The blonde’s blue orbs ogled above to one of the windows lining the hallway, her gaze steady on whatever was outside of them. “DeeDee…what’s wrong?”

“Dexter,” DeeDee whispered, her eyes never deterring from the window. “The sky…something’s wrong with the sky?”

The lab was oddly silent after DeeDee spoke, all beings shifting their gazes towards the closest window. Computress drifted to where the blond stood, allowing the input she was receiving to process. When the genius was met with not even an explanation from his assistant, he massaged his temple and progressed over to the girls.

“This had better not be a…” Dexter swallowed his words, his genius mind trying to grasp how this could have happened so quickly. The boy couldn’t help but gawk for a minute, the large green mass reflecting in his lens. “Computress…”

“Yes Dexter?”

“Assemble the heroes…and begin negotiations with the villains,” Dexter instructed. “Our futures are on the line.”

-End Chapter Two-
Report Spam   Logged

CTRL ALT Dead
Ser Pouncelot
Exclusive Member

From Fabletown with Love

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 09:02:21 pm »

Uh excuse me miss... when is the continouation to
the very last chapter you posted in the original thread going to come out Huh? Angel

Oh and "Incarnate" second chapter is coming out tomorrow Wink
Report Spam   Logged

"We now have a dog and Alistair is still the dumbest one in the party." - Morrigan
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 09:13:18 pm »

Uh excuse me miss... when is the continouation to
the very last chapter you posted in the original thread going to come out Huh? Angel

Oh and "Incarnate" second chapter is coming out tomorrow Wink

Lol, the edits are taking me about a week. I'm hoping by next weekend to have a new chapter out for you guys Tongue Be patient and YAY FOR NEW INCARNATE CHAPTER!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2010, 09:14:26 pm »

AN: Special thanks to TurqoiseAngel for featuring my first chapter of Misfit Players Beginning in the 31st Issue of the Darklands Gazette!!! Here’s the link to the thread of the issue: http://ultrafusionfallmultiindex.smfforfree3.com/index.php/topic,1323.0.html

I’m still hoping for some requests for CN characters to feature so if you get the chance, tell me what you want to see in the Misfit Players Beginning war chapters. I’m going to be posting the edited chapters up during this week and then start working on the next chapter so if you guys could submit them by then, that’d be epic! Thanks again and hope you all enjoy!

Chapter Three:

Car horns roared loudly, their sounds echoing within the concrete and metal jungle that was City Station. Engines rumbling through the traffic in the streets as most people began their migration back to their homes. And within the horde of inhabitants swarming the streets, two sixteen-year-old boys walked together for an equivalent destination.

“Ugh, my bones are getting restless here with no excitement,” the dark-skinned boy grumbled as he dug his hands deeper into his pockets. “I don’t see how you can not be on edge right now with all the lack of jobs we’ve been getting.”

“It’s fine. Lucy hasn’t been able to find any of us steady work,” the pale boy mumbled, his height towering over most of the surrounding occupants of the sidewalk. “We should be grateful to have any jobs at all, Steel. We are still not accepted by the majority of the community remember.”

“Tch! Still doesn’t help with my impatience here, Ronny,” the one named Steel said as he fumed, both boys turning into a small park circle. There were shaded tables just outside of an ice cream booth; their meeting place. “Is everyone here?”

“Austin and Lex are at the table. No doubt Mae is getting ice cream,” Ronny motioned a wave to the two boys sitting at the closest table to the sidewalk. “Hey.”

The youngest at the table, a tanned thirteen-year-old boy with sandy blond hair, smiled up at Ronny and Steel as they approached. He placed his drawing pad on the table and waved happily at them while the other boy, an agitated sixteen year old with tanned skin and bright red hair curling past his ears, rolled his eyes at their presence.

“What took you guys so long, jeez?” The redhead growled, not even hesitating to show off his aggravation. “We’ve been here for over an hour!”

“Yeah well…I had detention again so I had to stay back late,” Steel rolled his eyes as he spoke. “I ended up punching one of the punching bags clear off of the chains in gym today and it flattened Coach Simmons. He went ballistic and kept insisting how I did it all on purpose. Yeah right…I just, I have a hard time holding back my strength you know.”

The redhead nodded and kept quiet as the other two boys sat down at the table. The younger boy smiled brightly as a girl almost identical to the redheaded boy skipped over to the table, balancing three ice cream cones in her hands.

“I got ice cream for my two favorite brothers!” The girl known as Mae smiled happily as she skidded to a stop, letting out a gasp as one of the cones flipped out of her hand and landed squarely on top her twin’s head. “Oops, sorry Lex, I didn’t mean to do that. But I guess that’s your ice cream cone, hehe.”

“Mae, what the…?! God, you do this stuff all the time!” The redheaded boy fumed in his place as the girl shoved the ice cream cones in the younger brother’s hands, trying to clean the substance out of her twin brother’s hair.

“Aw it was an accident, get over it Lex,” Steel chuckled at the three siblings across from him. “Did you bring Chomp with you, Lex?”

The twins’ both hushed at the question, Mae sliding into a seat between her brothers. The redheaded male nodded to a large duffle bag at his feet, which Steel took as his response.

“He’s out cold right now so it’s best not to wake him up,” Lex mumbled, directing a glare in Steel’s direction. “He was awake earlier but you guys took forever to get here!”

“Zip it, Lex…we’ve got a situation on our hands,” Ronny held up his wrist, pointing at the nanocom there. “We got a call from Lucy.”

“A job?” The ecstatic redheaded girl chimed in beside her brothers, her face lit up like a candle. “Oh how exciting! We haven’t had one of those in awhile!”

“We don’t really know if it’s an actual job yet,” Ronny explained to his team. “We were just instructed by Lucy to investigate the Orchid Bay area as well as the Beach.”

“Investigate?” Austin questioned, piping into the conversation finally. “Investigate what exactly?”

As Ronny began explaining that Lucy had not given them any specifics yet on the assignment, Steel noticed his nanocom begin to flash. An incoming message no doubt, the boy pulled a gloved hand out of his jacket pocket and pressed the button just below the screen. Words developed on the now-lit screen and his chocolate brown eyes scanned them carefully.

“Guys…” Steel interrupted, causing the table to fall silent. “We need to move now to Orchid Bay. So let’s go.”

“You got a message from Lucy already?” Ronny mumbled as Steel got to his feet, slipping his hands back into his jacket pockets. “What did she say?”

“Four simple words,” Steel answered with a smirk. “Look to the sky.”

“Look to the…?” The four still sitting at the table all muttered to themselves as they gazed upwards to the sky. Mae and Austin both let out a gasp as Ronny groaned and Lex chuckled. “What…what’s that?”

“That, my friends, is our assignment,” Steel slid on his sunglasses, his smirk still painted there across his face. “This is definitely going to get us accepted by them heroes. And finally, we get some decent action.”

-End of Chapter Three-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:50:49 am by Makastar » Report Spam   Logged

CTRL ALT Dead
Ser Pouncelot
Exclusive Member

From Fabletown with Love

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2010, 09:21:12 pm »

I can see the total "WTF idc 'bout your dam thing"ness
behind your post...

And yay new reapeat chapter Angel
Report Spam   Logged

"We now have a dog and Alistair is still the dumbest one in the party." - Morrigan
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 09:24:45 pm »

I can see the total "WTF idc 'bout your dam thing"ness
behind your post...

And yay new reapeat chapter Angel

LOL I do care, make the new chappie appear now so I can readz it Tongue I'll go faster with my posts if you do!!! Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

CTRL ALT Dead
Ser Pouncelot
Exclusive Member

From Fabletown with Love

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 09:29:11 pm »

YAY!!! okay i'l have it early morning tomorrow.
oh and do bonusses count

as in like "Mot's poem" or somethin like that?
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 09:35:28 pm »

YAY!!! okay i'l have it early morning tomorrow.
oh and do bonusses count

as in like "Mot's poem" or somethin like that?

Sure, that counts Tongue Any specific CN characters you want me to feature in the war chapters? Those are the main questions i've been asking in the AN's for the reposted chapters. :3
Report Spam   Logged

CTRL ALT Dead
Ser Pouncelot
Exclusive Member

From Fabletown with Love

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 09:38:53 pm »

Nope just keep me entertained
it shouldn't be that hard... ooo a wall!!
Report Spam   Logged

Dr. Crane
Dr. Jonathan Crane, at your service.

We have nothing to fear but fear itself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 11:08:19 pm »

I can't wait for the war chapters. -Sits down- Cillian and Jack need to show up and participate~
Oh my, Stephen Merchant is going to make an appearance? Wonderful! How very spiffy. ^^
Report Spam   Logged

~Dr. Crane was here, striking fear into the hearts of "crazies"~
  DeviantART -- Gaia -- Twitter -- YouTube -- Roliana -- Formspring
Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 09:34:19 am »

AN: All right, the original first chapter is completely re-posted! Now just three more original chapters to go and then I’ll be onto the War chapters! Remember to get in your requests by the end of this week to have your favorite CN characters featured in the War chapters! Thanks and Enjoy!

Chapter Four:

His steps were quick as Dustin marched the streets of Orchid Bay to his home. His mother, Lidia Hawthorne, was most likely home by now cooking dinner for the family. His father, Reggie Hawthorne, worked at the docks on the ships and would most likely not appear until well after sunset. And his little brother Devin would undoubtedly be playing in the yard waiting for his brother to return from his long day at school and work.

“Big Bro!” Dustin heard the cheerful voice of his brother as he came to the final leg of his trip, his strides growing longer so that he hurried into the yard to greet Devin. “Yay, Big Bro’s home!”

“Hey Devin, hard at play I see,” Dustin patted the younger boy’s head as he came to a halt within the yard, staring over at the setting sun with interest. “Man, I made it home just in time, eh?”

“Sure did!” Devin cheered as he twirled around happily. “Bro, did you hear? The Powerpuff Girls saved the day again! It was on the TV earlier.”

“Yeah, I heard that,” Dustin mumbled in response, letting out a sigh as he remembered his hopeless dreams.

“But the Powerpuff Girls haven’t got anything on you, Big Bro! You’re the best hero I know!” Devin continued to praise his brother as Dustin let a smile creep to his lips. At least he was a hero to somebody.

“Hero?”

Dustin paused as Devin fell silent, the young boy staring towards the direction opposite where his brother was facing. The black-haired boy turned heel to the street, eyeing the girl who most likely was the owner to the voice.

“Sorry, do we know you?” Dustin questioned as he looked over the girl on the street, her chocolate brown hair put up in a bun to keep it out of her pale face. “You don’t look familiar.”

“You said hero? Are you a hero?” The girl ignored Dustin’s questions, continuing her prodding from the street. “Could you be one of the Misfit Players?”

“Misfit players?” Dustin repeated as he raised an eyebrow. “What in the world are you talking about? Who are you?”

“So you’re not…” The girl sighed, her aggravation evident as she stomped her foot. “I was hoping that I’d finally found them. I want to show them that I have what it takes to be a player.”

“Will you at least answer who you are and who these ‘Misfit Players’ are?” Dustin pushed Devin up on the porch, instructing him to get inside and away from the strange girl that had appeared. “If not then I’m gonna have to ask you to leave, crazy girl.”

“Crazy girl, wow you’re quite the rude one. You’re definitely not hero material,” the girl mumbled, light green eyes shooting a glare in Dustin’s direction. “My name is Abby if you must know. Abigail Louis, the next hero to join the ranks of the Misfit Players.”

“Wait, hero? How are you a hero, you look pretty normal to me,” Dustin snapped back at the girl.

“You yell at me about not introducing myself immediately yet rude boy doesn’t bother to show the same common courtesy towards myself. You really are rude,” Abby sighed again as she stared up at the sky, her green eyes growing wide at the green mass that had come into view. “That thing…in the sky! Oh no, I need to find the Misfit Players.”

Dustin heard the girl as she panicked from her place on the street, darting off towards the direction of the docks. However, all he could think about was what she had mentioned before. The Misfit Players, apparently some group of heroes existed and he knew nothing about it. And if they could accept some crazy girl like that, then Dustin might actually have a chance.

“Wait…the sky?” Dustin finally grasped the final words the girl spoke, his aquamarine eyes gazing upwards to the sky. And what he saw would change his life forever.

-End of Chapter Four-
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 10:13:18 am »

AN: While going through the fic and making my edits, I started debating changing up Chapter Three and Four of the original fanfic in order to move it along more quickly into the war chapters. In addition to that, I possibly want to make the action scenes more epic because right not they are pretty mediocre. I’ll keep you guys posted if I manage to make the changes. Until then, Thanks for reading and Enjoy!!!

Chapter Five:

High above the world was a green mass, its size as great as the moon itself. To be honest, Dustin had to refrain from chuckling since the object in question resembled something as the result of a sneeze. However, the teen knew he had to remain serious at that moment. Whatever that thing in the sky was, it most certainly didn’t belong there.

“Dustin, get inside now!”

The teen turned back towards the house, his mother standing on the doorstep with fear evident in her blue eyes. Lidia tapped her foot anxiously as Dustin stumbled up the steps, making his way inside the house. As soon as she confirmed her son was safely within the walls, Lidia closed the door behind her and rushed back into the main living room where Devin sat in silence in front of a large flat screen TV.

“Mom, what’s going on?” Dustin questioned before his mother narrowed her eyes at him, the teen falling silent under her stare.

Displayed on the screen was the Network News station, both anchors holding back fearful cries as they relayed the news to the viewing audience. So many feeds were being brought onto the screen, each one about the same subject: the green mass in the sky.

“The strange form in the sky, believed to be a planet of some sort, appeared sometime this afternoon. So far, we have gotten no word on what the planet is or why it has appeared. We’re waiting for conformation from Alicia who’s in the field with Dexter at Dexlabs,” the female anchor stated before nodding. “It seems we have conformation with Alicia, so we’re going live on the scene at Dexlabs. Alicia?”

The scene changed to outside of a large, white building, which was immediately recognized as Dexlabs. And standing on the steps of the huge building was none other than Dexter himself, eyeing the camera in annoyance as the reporter began her story beside him.

“Well Debra, it seems that our suspicions were correct. It has been confirmed that a planet has somehow made its way into our rotation, somehow weaseling its way here under limited detection. The planet, right now still shrouded in mystery, has formed panic all across the globe,” the reporter, Alicia, said while nodding to the boy genius to her right. “I’m here right now with Boy Genius Dexter who has more on this situation. Dexter, what is this planet? What information can you give us about it?”

“We are currently working within the laboratory to fully understand what that planet is. I’ve received samples from meteorites that resembles the components that planet is made up of and we’ve discovered that this substance might actually be built of living organisms,” Dexter answered, keeping his focus on the camera despite the panic that was evidently around him. “However, we do not fully understand the substances yet. We will be completed a series of experiments to gain new understanding of it.”

“Dexter, how come the planet had managed to appear without any detection beforehand?” Alicia questioned, her microphone tight in hand as she awaited the boy’s answer.

“To be truthful, I’m not sure how this planet managed to enter the rotation without being detected by our satellites. It could be that the planet itself caused malfunctions in our equipment that made it possible to move without giving us any type of notice. However, currently I do not have a clear answer for you,” Dexter sighed at the thought of his instruments actually malfunctioning to this giant mass but he shook his head. He knew he had more important things to worry about right now.

“Dexter, one last question,” Alicia continued. “Is this a threat to us? Are we in danger with this planet showing itself to us?”

The boy genius paused at the question, unable to bring himself to utter a simple sentence. At that moment, he really had no answers for anyone. And that was one thing that Dexter didn’t like; being unable to give an answer. But he knew he needed to say something to at least calm down the people and keep some kind of peace.

“Alicia, I can tell you this,” Dexter spoke with a reassuring smile. “You can bet that no matter what, the heroes of this land will do everything in their power to get to the bottom of this. If this turns out to be some sort of threat, we will handle it and keep the public safe from harm.”

“Mom, does this mean the planet-thing is ok?” Devin whispered from his seat on the floor, snapping Dustin and Lidia out of their daze. The mother sighed before going to her youngest son’s side, kneeling beside him and holding him close. Dustin could feel his body quiver at the thought of that planet in the sky, yet he knew he had to stay strong. “The planet-thing is not evil right? It’s just up there to show off?”

“I’m not sure, sweetie. All I can tell you is that it will all be ok,” Lidia whispered to her son, keeping her hold strong on him as her oldest moved to the window. “Dustin, don’t stand at the window. We just need to stay together in the house. I got a call from your father a little while ago and he’s going to head straight home, all right?”

The teen ignored his mother’s worried demands, his aquamarine eyes staying firmly on the planet above. With each moment that passed, Dustin began to piece together the puzzling mystery that was hovering within the sky. It seemed to be some type of green matter that somehow formed into a large mass. What Dustin found strange was that there were other large forms within the single mass, each seeming to be different types of planets. Could the green matter have been…consuming other planets?

“Wait, what is…?” Dustin gasped, his orbs grown wide in fear as he gazed at the scene that was taking place within the sky. “Mom, get whatever you need now. Things are about to get even worse.”

-End of Chapter Five-
Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 12:37:01 pm »

AN: Still deciding on whether or not to rewrite the old Chapter Three and Four from the original fanfic, I’ll keep you guys posted! Also, get those requests in for what CN characters you want to see in the war chapters. Thanks for reading and Enjoy!!!

Chapter Six:

The ginger-haired boy bit his lip as his eyes kept to the sky, watching the scene unfold before him. The planet above them seemed to be releasing pods into the atmosphere, each pod in a collision course for the Earth itself. Computress hovered to the genius’ side, awaiting a chance to speak to her creator.

“Computress, status report?”

“Dexter, we have made contact with all heroes. Everyone is preparing for battle,” the computer stated, staring at her compuboard in hand. “We’ve begun to circulate messages for the villains. So far, we have one who is very eager to speak with you.”

“And let me guess, that would be…”

“Well well well, looks like Dexter has finally proven himself to be inferior to my skills,” a familiar voice cackled behind the ginger-haired genius as he sighed, turning heel to greet the newcomer. “It’s time for everyone to see that Mandark is superior, Mwah ha ha, mwah ha ha ha ha!”

“Mandark?” Dexter gave a grin of approval towards his rival. “This is a surprise. You’ve decided to join the fight?” 

“My superior skills are what will take over the world. Whatever this threat is, it’s becoming a nuisance and will possibly cause complications in achieving my goal,” Mandark stated simply, showing his selfishness at full force. “That’s why I’m adding myself to the front lines. My Mandroids and I will provide the right equipment to save our world so that I can take it over.”

Dexter chose to ignore his rival’s remarks on taking over the world, knowing that he had no time to be having a petty fight between themselves. The world needed as much help as it could get right now, and even though Mandark was a villain he was needed.

“It’s good to have you aboard, Mandark,” Dexter commented before turning back to Computress. “How long do we have until those pods that are falling make contact with the Earth?”

“We have calculated the first impact to be in approximately less than twenty minutes Dexter. We have begun performing evacuations for the possible targeted areas with the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s,” Computress answered while glancing at the compupad. “We have sent heroes to all of the major areas of impact. In addition, we’ve begun preparations to send out airships for assistance if need be.”

“Thank you, Computress. We will need those airships it seems,” Dexter sighed before glancing over to Mandark. “Have you also…?”

“I’ve been making preparations since the planet became visible. We’re ready to launch as soon as you are ready,” Mandark smirked as the ginger-haired genius nodded, raising a purple-gloved hand into the air.

“May this be a stand for the heroes…”

“And villains!”

“Fine, yes, may this be a stand for the heroes and villains of our world. Whatever this matter is, it is our enemy and we must handle it as soon as possible!” Dexter felt his blood race as he prepared his next words. “This is a war for our world. We must not lose this battle. Win at all costs!”

Just outside of Tech Square…

The motor rumbled of the scarlet motorcycle as its driver scanned the screen of her nanocom, her ebony hair pulled back so that it didn’t fall into her face. Her twenty-five years in life seeking adventure seemed to have finally paid off. The woman smiled as she rewound the tape, hearing Dexter’s final words before rushing back into his laboratory to finish his preparations.

“Seems the Misfit Players will finally get to make their stand as well, that’s exciting! I was worried that our team would be living in the shadows forever,” the woman chuckled as she tampered with the screen once more, this time launching a call to one of her teammates. “Hey Auron, can you hear me?”

The screen lit up once again as a face of an older male, around thirty years of age, appeared there. The man looked agitated with the call but he made no effort to complain.

“What is it, Lucy? Good news I hope?”

“I’ve sent you as well as the other players the video of our dear little ginger making a stand,” the one called Lucy stated, sliding comfortably in the seat of her bike in order to move out. “Boss seems to think that the heroes will still be hesitant in allowing us to join the fight.”

“From what I’ve gathered, this planet is bad news and I don’t think even the heroes and villains combined could handle it,” the one called Auron replied with a frown. “They’re going to need our help, whether they like it or not.”

“Heh, you’ve always had a way with words. I’m sure if you talk to Dexter he’d have no choice but to agree with you,” Lucy chuckled once more as she revved her engine. “What’s your position right now?”

“I’m in Nowhere right now. Got a call from a panicked puppy saying that strange occurrences were happening here,” Auron paused for a moment before smirking. “Well, stranger than usual in this place.”

“That’s good, I’ve sent teams out to all the major areas to fight at the front lines,” Lucy said. “This really is the best time for us to make our stand. It’s horrible that this might become a huge war, but at least with all of us working together we can defeat this enemy.”

“Yeah, and that’s all you really want. To be able to work together with everyone has always been your goal,” Auron said before nodding. “I need to continue investigating this side. The timer’s still running for impact from what I can tell so I’ll be as quick to gather information as I can. Be safe out there, Lucy.”

“Same to you, Love,” Lucy signed out of the call before easing back into the seat, sliding on her helmet before kicking off the bike. And with her nanocom guiding her, Lucy drove off towards Orchid Bay.

-End of Chapter Six-
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 12:37:46 pm by Makastar » Report Spam   Logged

Makastar
Wonderland's Very Own
Administrator
Ultra Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2010, 08:06:25 am »

AN: Yay! Finally, a rewrite!!! I haven’t really been able to edit it so I’ll edit as I go. But here’s the start of the new direction for the fic. In all truth, the storyline isn’t really changing. I’m just taking a smaller, hopefully shorter path to get to the beginning of the war. If you are one of the readers of the original fic, this is just a shout out that I did indeed change it somewhat. I won’t spoil it for the other readers though so go ahead and read on :3 Thanks for reading and hope you guys enjoy!

Also, if you guys could get your votes in, I’ll be adding in CN characters as well as original characters in the next couple of chapters including Baki’s boys and a few other requested people ^_^

Remember, if you want a character to be apart of the fanfic then please email me a bio and a drabble with your character and I’ll be able to fit them into the storyline.

Chapter Seven:

Within moments of Dustin catching a glimpse at the falling pods, an evacuation notice blinked onto the TV screen. Sirens filled the air as panicked families flooded out of their homes toward the docks, where S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s were waiting to greet them. The Hawthorne family was no exception, quickly grabbing their essential belongings and stumbling out the door with their hysteric neighbors.

The run was tiresome but Lidia kept a fast pace, eventually lifting Devin into her arms so he didn’t lag behind. Dustin stayed at his mother’s heels, afraid to dash ahead of her for even a second. As long as she was in front of him, he could see that she and Devin were all right.

“Mom, the docks are just ahead. We need to get into the lines for evacuation. Keep a hold on Devin since the crowds will be less merciful than in the city. After all, the people are in a mass panic.”

“Don’t worry, Dustin. I have Devin. I am more worried about getting separated from you so stay close to me!” Lidia called back as they approached the thundering crowd of people just outside the docks. Everyone was pushing forward, hoping to be the next to get a seat on the loading S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s. “Oh dear, how are we going to find Reggie in this mess?”

“Everyone listen up! You need to stay calm here as we file you into the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s,” one of the K.N.D. operatives present called above the crowd. “There are enough S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s here to evacuate everyone so if you just keep the panic to a minimum we’ll be able to safely evacuate you all without delay! Peach Creek and areas within the suburbs were built with underground habitats to house entire countries if need be so the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s will be taking everyone to the underground. There’s enough S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s here to evacuate both Orchid Bay and Bravo Beach so there won’t be a problem with getting onboard as long as nothing major holds up the loading. In addition, the heroes have moved in to assist with evacuation as well as being at the front lines of battle. These measures are mainly being taken because of the falling pods. Dexter and his men still don’t know the gravity of the situation yet and want to make sure that everyone is out of danger.”

The horde was packed full with worried families but they managed to heed the instructions from the operatives, knowing now that the heroes were moving out to assist them in their rescue. The lines were dwindling at a steady pace, the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s filled to the brim with citizens for evacuation. The Hawthorne family was packed into the line as well, sandwiched between their neighbors with little room to breathe.

“Our turn is coming up…where’s your father?” Lidia whispered to Dustin as the line pushed forward, inching closer and closer to their destination. “I don’t want to leave without knowing he’s safe.”

“He might have already gotten on a S.C.A.M.P.E.R., Mom. Just keep going forward, we have to think about Devin right now,” Dustin replied, his hands keeping a firm grip on the woman’s shoulders. The little brother glanced back at his sibling, tears threatening to escape with each passing moment. Dustin didn’t blame him; this was one of the scariest situations a person could be in. “It’s going to be ok, Devin. Just keep thinking about getting to see the heroes in action. They’re going to save the day again for us all.”

“But Daddy…” Devin whimpered in Lidia’s arms as Dustin bit his lip, afraid of what words he should form next. “Daddy isn’t here, who’s going to save Daddy?”

The black-haired teen gulped down his reply, knowing full well that his words were not helping the situation. The younger brother would keep whimpering while his mother continued to worry, there was no way to fix that future unless Reggie could be located.

“Reggie wouldn’t leave without his family,” Lidia mumbled back to her eldest son, all the while inching forward with the line. “And now we’re getting closer to be loaded up into the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.s without him.”

“Well Mom, if you’re sure that he hasn’t left,” Dustin whispered before taking a step out of the line, glancing back towards the pier side town. “I’ll go get Dad and bring him back here. You and Devin ride the S.C.A.M.P.E.R. to safety and I’ll make sure Dad and I catch the next ride outta here.”

“Wait what?!” Lidia shrieked as she reached for her eldest, tears leaking from her eyes. “No Dustin, you’re not leaving here too! You’re just a kid! You can’t be wandering around here when there’s a possible invasion coming!”

“I’m not a kid anymore Mom, I go to high school while managing two jobs! I help you guys with the bills to make sure we can keep ends meeting,” Dustin snapped back a retort. “I’m not a little kid that needs to be constantly babied. I’m an older teen who’ll be going to college soon and living on my own. I’m going to help by finding Dad and getting him back on this S.C.A.M.P.E.R. so take Devin and wait for us in the underground ok?”

Lidia was taken aback from her son’s outburst, shocked to see that her little Dustin was no longer holding back his feelings. Her son was now becoming more of an adult, and surprisingly, more like a hero as well. The mother sighed in relent, nodding for her eldest to move out and head back to the town.

“Your father might have run back towards home and missed us in the panic,” Lidia spoke as Dustin prepared to run. “You have to promise me as soon as you find Reggie that you’re coming back here to get on the S.C.A.M.P.E.R.! I don’t want to have two of my family missing in action.”

“Yeah Mom, I promise we’ll be right behind you guys,” Dustin smiled as he gave a nod. “Devin, you and Mom stay safe all right? You gotta be the big man and protect her. You guys be safe! I’m going to go save Dad.”

“See Mommy, I told you before that Big Brother is a hero,” Devin gave a small smile through his tears, Lidia nodding in agreement as Dustin dashed out towards their home. “We don’t have anything to fear, Big Brother’s going to smash down the enemies and save the day, just you wait.

-End of Chapter Seven-
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: